Goose to water!

Edit My Images
Yes
Goose-water.jpg

Had a week in York overlooking the river and couldn't resist the colours of an evening sun on the water. No "shopping" needed. It has been cropped, but reluctantly as the area of water lost.​
Someone will identify this noisy beast!

It's a Canada Goose, they are indeed noisey so an so

They are also angry gits......i remember being cornered by one of them on a school trip to Martin mere bird reserve, long necked bleeder stole my kit kat!!!

Have you been on the beer fangman? :LOL:

I love the reflected colours in the water - makes for a very different shot :)

this looks great Phil...sounds like you had a lovely time! York is so pretty but I bet it was hot!

Duck-reflect.jpg

Taken before the heavies disturbed the water - un cropped. Ripples acted like mirror fragments reflecting distorted bits of the opposite bank.
Very hot - mixture of heritage and retail therapy for forthcoming trip to USA for a wedding!

I lived just outside of york while I was growing never thought about going out and about with a camera, these are lovely photos.

Heh, nice shot there fangman of the canadian goose. I have about 50 of em living not too far from me in a pond behind the kids school. Every once in a while they venture up for recess,lol Their very bold creatures!:LOL:

Jewel

like the first one best...and yes, they are evil!

jewel said:
I have about 50 of em living not too far from me in a pond behind the kids school.

Terrifying!! I don't think I've ever met a person that hasn't had a bad experience with one of these vicious little blighters :cautious:

Great photos by the way, love the reflections, got a very oil on water mirror effect. V.nicely done. :)

Glad i'm not the only person to have been on the wrong end of one of these.

Fangman, I looked at your shot and was sure I had nearly the same..:thinking:

I took this at Windermere on Sunday while at the airshow.

Hope you don't mind me joining in, If so please say and I will remove it..:)

goose.jpg

Good shots, everyone!

Does anybody know if, somewhere else in the world, there exists a England Goose?

Busterboy's goose looks as if got caught downwind! Thanks for posting.

Back