Gopro Advice

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone help with some Gopro advice? I'm looking at getting one to take with me camping, kayaking and walking, as they are easier to chuck in a bag than the DSLR and a bit hardier.
I would be using some video (as a complete novice) but i'm really interested in time-lapse, slo-mo, night and stills work.
Having read many articles on the ranges I face the dilemma of which one!
The black editions are the best but out of my budget. The photographer in me says buy the best, the tightwad says buy cheap as i've no experience and probably won't use all the features.
In the running are -
Hero3 White (new) £149
Hero3+ Silver New (£199)
Older version Hero3 upwards £100+

The black editions of the 3 & 3+ seem to fetch silly money on fleabay. I know they have great specs but I was trying to stick to £200 budget.
The twist is - Due to my scout leaders discount I can get 20% off at Cotswold Outdoors. They only stoke the Hero4 but they would make the Hero4 Silver £232
The Hero4 silver is supposed to be the 3+ black with bluetooth.

The question is - do I bite the bullet and get the best or make do with a cheaper and probably ample version for my needs?

Thanks in advance for your help.

In your case I would plump for the 4 Silver @ £232

If it's slo-mo you're into then get the 4, the frame rates are higher at a higher resolution.

I bought the hero 3+ silver a few months ago and I think the main things the black has over it are a higher frame rate and a wifi remote (could be wrong though).

I'd say get the 3+ silver over the 3+ black as I personally don't think the black is worth a load more money, but... if you can get a 4 silver for £33 more than a 3+ silver, you'd be daft not to!

Hero 4 silver gets my vote. Seems the logical choice by a long shot given the small difference in price between the 3+ silver and 4 silver

There is another thread running asking the same thing. Have a search for that and give it a read.

you get a wifi remote with a silver 3+

Hmmm, I got one with my first Gopro (silver 3+) I now have a black 3+

If you are going to be buying more gear after, I have a 3+ Black with wireless controller, 16 sandisk card, 2 x stick on mounts and a head strap with mount, plus the waterproof casing.

£250 delivered.

Back