Gorilla Pod Zoom SLR / Replica?

Edit My Images
No
Quite fancy the idea of getting a Gorilla Pod Zoom SLR as I'll be travelling with a few friends to Mexico/California and a full on tripod would definitely annoy the hell out of them I think, so was considering the ZOOM SLR for my D200/18-200 maybe along with a monopod. Basically it'll be taking pictures whilst on holiday, not a photography holiday! Was wondering if anyone has any experience with them, if they're any good for travel photography, and also if the 'replicas' on ebay are any good? The genuine one is £32 from amazon whilst the replicas are £10 from ebay delivered...? (LINK)

hi cheng

i would recommend them i took one to egypt two years ago and it was very handy ..found it great for wrapping around balconys and when out in the desert i found it more versatile where you could use it

also took it to lanzarote mountain biking ..again very handy to carry in my pack

cheers

ells

I have a genuine Zoom SLR tucked into the side of my bag all the time. I stuck a Manfrotto ballhead on top also, but that can cuase as many issues as it solves (well, one...) The ballhead makes positioning the camera very much easier, but the extra height makes the gorilla pod slowly sag forwards with the weight of a 50D and 24-105 F4L on it...

I got this one for my trip to Paris last month: Gorillapod SLR and it did the trick quite nicely.

How do the rip offs fare? I know I'm going to get one or the other, just need to know if I should be spending £10 or £30...

Any ideas? Might just get the £10 one and if it is rubbish on the D200, use it for a D40..

The joby ones are £26 from Warehouse Ex.
Just got mine and it seems the biz. I guess you've more chance of returning it if there are problems than the cheaper ones. Is it a UK dealer on ebay.

I got a Gorrilapod SLR from asda for about £15 and it is really good. If you use it with a battery grip and large lens it does sag but the legs can be bent in such a way that its stable.

Unfortunately the ZOOM version is £35 from warehouse express and I don't think they're any cheaper (if they sell them at all) at asda...

I have the zoom SLR version and have found it very handy indeed. Saves takes the tripod on general walkabouts.

Back