Got a bundle of software but confused.

Name
Tommy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks, got a nice deal off a mate of a mate for a bundle of software but not sure which ones I'll actually need. I'm new to the imaging software and would prefer to just use 1 or 2 programs if poss and would welcome any advice you can give me out of the following ones that I currently have sitting here.

Adobe Lightroom 2
Adobe Photoshop 7
Adobe Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS4

Basically I'm at the stage where I want to dive into online tutorials and start learning how to use them but don't want to start on ones I won't actually need as it's guaranteed to confuse the hell out me. Ones I've seen mentioned a lot are the Lightroom, the Photoshop and the CS4 (never heard of Bridge before), so really wondering which would be best to use for a complete package. I don't mind if one is more complex than the other as I'm pretty patient and don't mind putting in the time to learn the aspects of one but would rather I started with the right one or ones to avoid any confusion.

Cheers
Tommy.

Thanks Andrew, nah they aren't copies. guy is moving abroad and selling up all his PC gear and software and my mate happened to mention to him that I was getting into photography so he gave me a buzz. Got a load of games and various other things too in the boxes he dropped off which was nice. :)

Lightroom is good if you use RAW photography.

Photoshop 7 was superceded by the Creative Suite range (now in version 4), so this is good for older computers but won't be supported for RAW on newer cameras.

Bridge is a file viewer system used by Photoshop and other parts of the CS suite.

Photoshop 7 is a bit dated now and can't do a lot that lightroom 2 can do. CS4 is like version 11 of photoshop so it's well up to date and the industry standard so using CS4 with Lightroom 2 is the way to go.

Back