Got Canon 1D lust, help needed!

Name
Des
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a 5D and have just bought a 1D mk2, I live both cameras, for different reasons but the only problem is the 1D makes the 5D feel like a toy, has anyone got or had both the 5D and 1Ds mk2?

I'm interested in comparisons of IQ because that is my primary concern at the moment, it's an itch and I either need to scratch it (sell the 5D and buy a 1Ds mk2) or have someone show me why it's not worth the extra £5-600 it will cost...

I know that feeling, love my D700 but it feels so puny in my hands after playing with the D3s.

I have owned a 1D and now have a 5D. Have to say that I also loved the 1D. I make myself feel a little better now by consoling myself with much lower weight/size, which makes it more user friendly for my missus.

Get one! :love:

I have an original 1Ds and the photos from it are just amazing. Low light ability is rubbish but it doesn't matter, I love the ruggedness and feel of it.

I have a 1D mk2 and a 5D mk1 (no Ds though).
I prefer the quality of the photos of the 5D.
I prefer the build quality/feel/handling/AF of the 1D.
Sometimes the small size of the 5D is nice to have, makes it less conspicuous.
I dont think I'd sell the 5D for a 1Ds though.

Matt

There are pros and cons for 5D and 1DsII. 5D has a far better battery and smaller hence it is better for traveling. 1DsII is much better built as you already know, and has phenomenal IQ. Both need extensive sensor cleaning almost on a daily basis. At least you haven't tried the mk3s. Now I can't stop thinking about 1DsIII, maybe by Christmas 2012

So for IQ the 1Ds mk2 wins out? Don't mind the battery, it'll at least mean only one charger for the two cameras, weight isn't a huge issue (0.5k) compared to my bags overall weight.

Anyone got hi res shots I could compare?

Thanks for the replies.....

Back