I'm a cheeky little sausage
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's mine

IMG_64571.jpg

I could show you the one on my shoulder but the other one....:nono:

Bit of a lame photo, its difficult taking a picture of your right forearm while holding a DSLR with your left hand.

Capture_00007bwresize.jpg

Yeah, its to save my voice while ordering when i have a sore throat!!!

Its a Buddhist prayer that i etched from a monastary wall while trekking in the Himalaya's.

Do you know what it means then?

I've always wondered with tats... you have them as a youngster cos they are cool.

But will they still be cool when you're seventy? Or will it possibly be a 'Why the Hell did I do that!' type of thing?

That last thought is why I don't have any, but would love your views

I do know what it means, but i like to keep that to myself (not even my g/f knows only my fellow trekkers).

As i said i etched it from a wall of a monastary in the Himalaya. I'm in no way religious but the energy of this place was amazing. Anyway, whenever i have a low moment or encounter a situation that's difficult, i look at this. It gives me a bit of that energy/willpower from the monastary.

People get tats for different reasons, all of them correct for them. I wanted something to remind me of my trek and inspire me when needed. Oh and its a great conversation starter!!

Grandkids have got a tattoo set (washes off) for Xmas, I'm told I'm gonna be their guinea pig when they come up for xmas dinner :help:

Am still considering it :LOL: Will show if I decide to get one although it could be a while ;)

eerrr....

Blackstar wins. By a mile. So far

Come on peeps. There must be more of you with cool tattoos.

MV

I had a mate years ago with loads of tatoos and I remember him saying..the only difference between between those with tatoos and those without is that people with aren't prejudiced against those without.

Surely it is just an expression of who you are, and that will never change even when you are 70!

(I don't have any by the way but I would if I found the right image. I realy like the concept of the temple prayer, carrying it with you wherever you go - nice.)

I had a mate years ago with loads of tatoos and I remember him saying..the only difference between between those with tatoos and those without is that people with aren't prejudiced against those without.

I hope you don't mean me there m8, not prej in the slighted, more bemused if anything

I see most of them as a fashion accessory or period, but unlike my side laced shoes, 1-inch wide leather ties and linen jackets of old you can't remove them if bored or just older and you then feel they are inappropriate

Some of my locals were punks, nice tats around the throat & on their foreheads as an angst ridden teens they were fine, but they just don't seem that cool on a 40-ish manager at Sainsburys

Many of my camera buddies here (older ones were all miners) have tats, and most say they wished they hadn't now, but of course loved them at the time

I love some of the designs too, it's the permanence I don't fancy and just wondered if those having them now actually thought about how they may feel about them in 50 years time - that's all :)

I know what Dave is saying...but I have four tattoo's :) [tired taking pictures, they look pants lol]
My tattoo's that I have are all so I can cover them up. [one on my shoulder, one on bottom of back, one on foot and one on hip] so no-one ever see's them really unless I'm naked.

Each one means something to me, I had them done for reasons close to me, and nothing can take that away.
There are two tattoo's that I am wanting doing. But I wont have them done incase I regret having them done.

I want a small butterfly done on my inside wrist [which can be covered with a watch] and a celtic heart, with the words "the happiest of smiles hide the saddest of hearts" but I wont have that done. Cos where I wnt it done [on the underside of my arm] you'll really notice it, and it's quite big....and....it wont mean the same if i have it done anywhere else. LOL.

Ooo It turned into a rant. lol

14 years old and the colours are still strong, black was added about 6 years ago, freehand one off. Have more on my other arm but no pics at hand.

tat.jpg

I have another 2 of small stars on the inside of each ankle, my tattoos all have a reason behind them which are very personal to me. They are all hideable, the ones one my spine only show if i have my hair tied up (they go onto my neck) and the others unless i want to show them they aren't on show.

Blackstar, on a scale of 1-10 (1 = low) how painful were the ones down your spine. I have always fancied one there but not too sure of the pain!!!

I know pain thresholds of people are different, but just to give me an idea

Blackstar, on a scale of 1-10 (1 = low) how painful were the ones down your spine. I have always fancied one there but not too sure of the pain!!!

I'm sure Blackstar will be around to explain, but having a tatt is not so much about pain. Its more about an experience that involves pain. But its a good kind of pain. Its hard to put into words. And, I'll stop there.

Do you know what it means then?

I've always wondered with tats... you have them as a youngster cos they are cool.

But will they still be cool when you're seventy? Or will it possibly be a 'Why the Hell did I do that!' type of thing?

That last thought is why I don't have any, but would love your views

Mmmm. Tough one to answer.

My father had two awful tattoos on his forearms. He wasn't a sailor. Just a 16 year old who didn't know any better when he had them done 40+ odd years ago...

As the years went by he became a respected builder / tradesman. And as those years went by his tattoos became more dark, more blurred, and in his eyes more regrettable. He always told me -

'son, NEVER get a tattoo'.

He hated them, and for years would never wear short sleeved shirts (remember, the tats were on his forearms). After a while he forgot about them, but they were so blurred and dark I couldn't make them out. And when I asked him about them, he would always refuse to talk about them, and tell me not to get one.

So what he taught me was if you get a tat remember it is for life, and enjoy its meaning. And if you REALLY want one... wait 5 years. And if the desire to get one doesn't go away. Think long and hard about getting one, and what design you will have. And if that doesn't go away. Get the tat you want and enjoy it and don't regret it because you will want another one. I got my first at the age of 27.

Maybe tomorrow I will get around to posting a picture of my tattoo. I don't regret anything about getting it done apart from the fact I had it for 5 years and didn't have the guts to show it to my old man before he died. I really wanted to say to him 'hey look Dad I got one done and I thought about it a long time because of your advice and here it is and I don't regret it one bit'. The tattoo is now 7 years old and I feel the same way about it. After a lot of thought and temptation I will get another. The next one will be in his memory, pictures of things he loved, even though he hated his own tattoos.

Apologies for the 'spam' or hijack of this thread. It's not really photography related. But it comes from the heart and in answer to the question posted; and why I have one tattoo and why I'll get another one...

MG

I got one on my back last year in Florida, and on the scale of 1 - 10 the pain was about 25. Two hours of absolute agony. That said, the guy made an a**e of it and I'm booked in on Monday (Xmas eve) in Aberdeen, to get it re-done and some text added. It'll take about 4 hours for the lot, so it's gonna be a bloody sore afternoon but if I'm happy with it, it'll be worth it.

The ones on my arm weren't bad, not sore just uncomfortable.

Tat1.jpg

This one is about 15 years old now, have every intention of getting more done, its just finding the time :)

Appologies for the crap photo :(

Bry.

My last one.

301049310_9954817af1.jpg

And one of my earlier ones being worked on.

317140446_0274c29435.jpg

It was my first tattoo, for me i'd say about maybe a 6, i don't find getting tattoos that painful really (other than during the colouring of my wings which nipped like hell).
Really it depends on the person, what i find painful and what the next person does will never be the same.

bottom of the back is sposed to be on of the most painfull spots. the head being worse.:eek:
last time i had a tat, a young lass was having boyfriends name across bottom of her back. nearly screamed the place down. two tat artists holding her still so it could be completed.
on the other hand , my d in law has just had a HUGE 10 x10 maltese cross between her shoulder blades and said it wasnt too bad. maybe your best bet is start small.
you can always go over it later.
mine are on the top of both arms. the big one stung a bit cos its all done in outline needle.
i did see one young lad have a tiny heart tat on his chest. passed out in about ten seconds. artist said " well, he,s out, may as well finish it". my lad was having his tongue peirced at the time.
i think he called him a cat. something like that , anyway.:LOL:
my arms were about 4 and 6.

i'm currently debating a small tat with my son's name in but i haven't a clue what i want it to look like, or where i want it.

my tatts. i got a uv one too but u cant see it without uv light lol

angeltatt2.jpg

deviltatt2.jpg

demoette.jpg

hook.jpg

eye.jpg

mine :)

my left uper arm, which went wrong :( just havent had the time to sort it.
compressor336.jpg

left lower arm.
compressor027.jpg

compressor026.jpg

right upper arm.
compressor337.jpg

right lower arm.
Picture006-1.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

Back