Got my camera think i need another lens

Edit My Images
No
just bought a nikon 5000d. it came with the18-55mm vr lens. thing is i think at times i will want to zoom more than this lens will allow me too for landscapes and motorsport etc and other zoom style moments. in jessops they ar doing the tamron lens 70mm-300mm(i think ) for £110 with any camera (they said i could go in next week and they would let me get it even *** i bought the camera today) would this be a good lens to go for or is there something better i could get for the same (if not a little more) money. thanks :D

I got a 70-300 from a seller on here for £70.00 It pays to ask as I'm sure there will be a better deal available. Another 64 posts and you can do a wanted advert, maybe you can post in the wanted anyway, not sure if you have to have been here for a month and have 100 posts. Maybe it's both.

make sure you check the lens will autofocus with your camera - the lens needs to have a motor inside it rather than rely on the camera to drive it - all AF-S Nikon lenses will be fine, but some third party lenses wont have this.

the 70-300 tamron SHOULD focus on a d5000 if its the macro one im thinking of (5000d what is this some sort of canon nikon hybrid!!!) ive got one and its ok for taking pictures of slow moving or still objects and its amazingly crisp, but its autofocus is very very slow and searches alot

If it's a 70-300 you're after check out the Sigma 70-300 APO lens - now with inbuilt motor for Nikons...

its really to get the zoom as the standard doesnt zoom enough. im also thinking a wide lens would be good or is there a lens that could do both?

its really to get the zoom as the standard doesnt zoom enough. im also thinking a wide lens would be good or is there a lens that could do both?

if you just want one lens look at a nikon 18-200 VR (theres one in the for sale section i think).

yea i have seen this. i dont mind having 2 tbh. so would i be better having the lens i have plus the tameron one or the one i have plus the nikon 18-200 in the for sale section. when i ment one lens to do both i ment a lens that would give me more zoom and be able to do wide as well? also what are tameron lenses like ?

Back