Got my Nikon 85 1.4 today!!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
OK - here they are, my first shots with a Nikon 85mm 1.4 and it is all MINE!

A mixed bag, but first impressions are that I have a good copy of a very good lens. I hope I can do it justice.

Apart from some cropping and straightening I have done no PP on any of these.

1) Oh, here we ago again - he's got another new lens

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Click on a pic for a large version.

Lovelly shots... number 5 for me a true snap shot totally at ease and singing away...Great

Number 5 for me as well!

Great shots. Im getting this lens in a few days. Are there bad copies about then? I didn't hear of problems with this lens.

My concern was that my copy was second hand, I am sure you'll have no problem with a new copy.

Grrrrr, I hate you for owning that.... :D

My copy will aslo be second had :(, im sure it will be fine though....hopefully :)

No fear, aside from cosmetic damage, I am yet to see a ropey 85mm f/1.4. These things are like TVR's - bespoke top notch glass worth every penny. Sharp at 1.4, razor two stops down with circular bokeh to die for.

No fear, aside from cosmetic damage, I am yet to see a ropey 85mm f/1.4. These things are like TVR's - bespoke top notch glass worth every penny. Sharp at 1.4, razor two stops down with circular bokeh to die for.

Hi Pete - I thought you had given up with forums ;)

Lovely people shots, especially 5.

Great set. I like them all, especially 5 and 6 :) Seems like a good lens.

Rockshifter, SpidersEye - thanks - yep, I think I am really going to enjoy this lens :)

Back