Got one at last

ASH

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, finally took the plunge and bought a Canon 17-40L f4 lens. I used my Christmas money and traded in my EF-S 60, now that I have no use for it after upgrading to a 5D in November. :)

Don't think much of the lens bag that came with it, not as good as the Sigma cases, but then I didn't really buy it for the bag.:(

Still waiting for my battery grip which I ordered at the same time as buying the camera. :hissyfit:

Congrats - supposed to be a great lens :)

the 17-40L is a great lens.

it spends more time on my 20D than any other lens I have.
Even though I do have to use the old reebok zoom more :D

The 17-40L rocks. I love mine. :smilenod:

Congratulations! I would love a 17-40L

mind you, I would also have liked the EF-S 60mm macro :)

Unfortunately I can afford neither :hissyfit:

I never use my lens cases they're all in the original boxes as far as I can remember.:ponders:

All my stuff lives in a big holdhall and I transfer kit into a smaller bag usually depending on what I'm doing.

Congrats, it is a great lens, I used a friends one for a while.....Big mistake I just wish I never found out how good it is........Then I wouldn't feel this urge to go and spend some money. :banghead:

Thanks all, it's my first bit of L glass, I think I've started an expensive hobby. Yes the EF-S 60 macro is a great lens, very sharp, it's just a pity it didn't fit my 5D or I would of kept it.

enjoy it, it's a great lens :)

That lens has been on my wish list forever.
I love doing landscape stuff so it would be perfect for me.
Circumstances dictate I get a reasonable walkabout IS lens first, maybe by the end of this year but there's always something gets in the way. :rain:

5D and 17-40L...that's a NICE setup!

Matt said:
Come on Marcel, I thought you had more shillings than that.:laugh1:

lol

I'm serious, I'm confused. No doubt when it's explained to me I will kick myself for being so stupid.

Marcel said:
lol

I'm serious, I'm confused. No doubt when it's explained to me I will kick myself for being so stupid.
Running shoes and getting closer.

I'm not getting it either :ponders:

as in walking towards the subject instead of zooming....

:LOL:

I like it.

See? Told you I'd kick myself (With a pair of Nike Air FYI :D)
I'll have to remember that,....."Reebok Zoom" :p

Sometimes words just aren't enough :doh: :getmecoat

Marcel

I swear I could hear that penny dropping while I was passing through Trafford Park today :laugh1:

Bachs said:
That lens has been on my wish list forever.
I love doing landscape stuff so it would be perfect for me.
Circumstances dictate I get a reasonable walkabout IS lens first, maybe by the end of this year but there's always something gets in the way. :rain:

5D and 17-40L...that's a NICE setup!

Thanks Bachs, now all I need is the time to use them. Next on my list is a 70-200 IS f2.8 or a macro lens, but that's a long way off I've got to finish paying for the 5D first.

Just a quick update on my 17-40 lens. I had to exchange it for another one today, due to a clicking noise every time it zoom in or out. I expected better quality control for a L lens.:shock:

The fault may not have been there when it left the factory, they do travel quite a distance to get to our grubby little mitts and not everyone that handles the box while it is in transit will treat it as well and you or I would.

On the other hand, it could have slipped through Canon's QC ;)

I presume the replacement is all well and good?

I seem to remember having to exchange my first 17-40L :doh:

Mine wouldn't stop trying to autofocus, even with the switch set to manual!

The shop tried it on 3 bodies and all did the same, so I walked out with a new one. Thats why I only buy lenses and bodies from my local store and not on the net.

Steve said:
The fault may not have been there when it left the factory, they do travel quite a distance to get to our grubby little mitts and not everyone that handles the box while it is in transit will treat it as well and you or I would.

On the other hand, it could have slipped through Canon's QC ;)

I presume the replacement is all well and good?

Touch wood, all seams fine with the replacement.

Back