Got some money to blow, what do i do??

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, just sold my snap on box and tools for a healthy sum so now have around £2000 at my disposal, my current Kit comprises of:

Nikon D300 with MB-D10 Grip
Nikon 105 Micro VR
Nikon 35mm F2
Nikon 50mm F1.8
Sigma 24-70 F2.8
SB 600 Flash gun

I'm a keen amatuer at the mo but dream one day of taking pictures for a living. I like portrature and street photography.

Do i:

1. Sell the 300 and the sigma and get a D700 and some tasty glass like an 85 F1.4, Nikkor 24-70 F2.8 or a 70-200 VR.

2. Keep the D300 and get some tasy glass and use some of the money to go to some place nice to take pictures.

3. Spend all the money on booze and loose women?

4. Stuff the money under my mattress.

Answers on the back of a postcard :D

Chris.

How about a little bit of 3 and 4 :D

On a serious note, maybe option 2? Better glass is better than a new camera, means you can buy more better glass too.

You could've started a poll for this :D

As much as option 3 sounds like a great idea, I'd be going for option 2...

...I wonder if I should sell my roller box :thinking:

I'd be going for No 2 as well - a D700 might improve image quality a bit, but it won't improve your ability to 'see' a good photograph... get the glass, and what's left over can go on No 3. :D

#2 is the best, but get glass that can be both FX and DX. I'm thinking 85 1.4 and and a 70-200 VR.

Get a big enough lens and you'll get at least half of option 3 :naughty:

:naughty: :exit:

I'd spend most of the money on wine, women and song and waste the rest :LOL:

Heard the 'Harvey Danger' song by any chance?

"Wine, Women and Song, I've tried them all, it did not take me long to figure I'd unlocked the door to happiness! I figured wrong.. With a capital R, all the damage I'd done couldn't fit in a mid-sized car"
etc.
Good song!

Anyway.

Dude, sell the D300 and get the D700, the step up to FX is intense.

I'd blow it all on camera gear tbh, I don't have the time to go anywhere nice.

Alternatively, you could sell the D300, get around £750 for that. Then spend £1000 on getting th D700 and the other £1000 on going somewhere nice.
Heck, £200 will get you to the lake district!

:naughty: :exit:

I'd spend most of the money on wine, women and song and waste the rest :LOL:

Roller Skates?...I can't believe I have to say this again to you Flash... [S3]I KILL YOU!!![/S3]

I have a big roller chest of tools in my shed that I don't use anymore, they're a hangover from my car-mad phase. I'm thinking of selling them to fund the (was D200, now) S5 fund :D

If you dream of making money from photos, then why not buy some equipment that will help you start.

Maybe a second body, so you could do a wedding (don't start!), or other events.

Or how about a home studio setup - some lights etc and backgrounds.
Or do it strobist style with some flashes.

Or use it to fund a project - "The faces of Cardiff" (for an example) then spend a couple of months togging and preparing a book to try and sell to a publishers

That could add a few extra pennies.

Or get a plane ticket to somewhere, rent a car and have good time. There where some flights to the states for £175.

Ooh, ooh, what to do what to do? I only want to blow it to help do my bit to boost the economy you'll understand;)

Chris.

Spend it on the Skyline (it won't go far ;) )

:LOL: I sold my skyline to fund my camera gear in the first place.

Really miss it sometimes:crying:

Still cant find a dump valve to fit the D300, imagine that, BEEP, CLICK, ****SH:LOL:

Chris.

:LOL: I sold my skyline to fund my camera gear in the first place.

Really miss it sometimes:crying:

Still cant find a dump valve to fit the D300, imagine that, BEEP, CLICK, ****SH:LOL:

Chris.

LOL :LOL:

TBH, you seem to have a very well sorted outfit there. You could easily blow that money and gain absolutely nothing, just swapping this for that, mainly for the sake of it.

But since it's your money, I would dump the lot and get a D700, 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200. That is a class pro outfit by any measure.

LOL :LOL:

TBH, you seem to have a very well sorted outfit there. You could easily blow that money and gain absolutely nothing, just swapping this for that, mainly for the sake of it.

But since it's your money, I would dump the lot and get a D700, 14-24, 24-70 and 70-200. That is a class pro outfit by any measure.

Would love to but don't have another skyline to sell to fund that lot :(

Chris.

If I had that much spare money I would spend half of it on women and booze and waste the rest of it.

EDIT: Darn it to heck* someone already said that.

(* Marge Simpson style swearing).

Steve.

In your shoes...... i'd probably get a 70-200VR and a holiday to make use of it.

Cheap flight and cheap digs is all you need :)

Sell the Sigma and get the Nikon 24-70
Get a zoom lens longer then your current longest.
Take a holiday
Buy a hooker for a night
Buy some cream to get rid of the itching afterwoods.

That should be most of the cash gone then :LOL:

Back