Got the shot!! 1st full moon

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Well after waiting for a few months now, I've finally got the shot of the full moon, I had to wait up for the clouds to clear as always and this time they did just as I was about to give up!!

I've done a half moon shot but always wanted a full moon, Actually really happy that I managed to get it tonight.

Anyway heres a few different Versions I did, Which works best?

Thanks all

Matt

moon V1 by mattd85, on Flickr
400mm
ISO 100
F16
1/125 SEC
Tripod
Remote shutter

moon V2 by mattd85, on Flickr
400mm
ISO 100
F16
1/80 SEC
Tripod
Remote shutter

moon V3 by mattd85, on Flickr
Cropped
400mm
ISO 100
F16
1/50 SEC
Tripod
Remote shutter

moon V4 by mattd85, on Flickr
400mm
ISO 100
F18
1/40 SEC
Tripod
Remote shutter

Its amazing how different in contrast and detail it is from this half moon shot

Moon re Edit by mattd85, on Flickr
F11
ISO 200
1/60

Hey nice one mate, it paid off being patient! Like number 3 the best. Hey it's nearly as good as mine..... Haha jokes. Good work!

Awesome pics.
what did you do to get rid of the ambient light? I can't even think of doing this in London.

#3 for the full moon, as it looks more natural. the half moon is very nice, just a little too much processing, as the craters have bloomed.

Great subject the moon. A good "target", is to capture the moon over a month, and take the shot exactly 1 hour later every night. 29 shots to show the full phase change.
That may actually take a very long time to collect.

Hmmmmm ........

astroeddie said:
#3 for the full moon, as it looks more natural. the half moon is very nice, just a little too much processing, as the craters have bloomed.

Great subject the moon. A good "target", is to capture the moon over a month, and take the shot exactly 1 hour later every night. 29 shots to show the full phase change.
That may actually take a very long time to collect.

Hmmmmm ........

I'm sure someone had done that on here and then placed it on a full moon like a clock? It was brilliant, was it you??

Matt

anubhav78 said:
Awesome pics.
what did you do to get rid of the ambient light? I can't even think of doing this in London.

Where I live is very light polluted, I just waited until around 1am when the sky cleared and fired off some shots.

400mm and 1/40th?? That's impressive! I bet you were holding your breath :LOL: Mirror locked up, I take it?

For full moon shots, they are really great. But there is so much more detail from the half moon shots as you say.

I've tried it last night. Fail completely.

Nice shot of the moon. Congrats. Not easy to do.

v8moneypit said:
400mm and 1/40th?? That's impressive! I bet you were holding your breath :LOL: Mirror locked up, I take it?

For full moon shots, they are really great. But there is so much more detail from the half moon shots as you say.

I don't even know how you do a mirror lock up? What would I achieve in doing one? Lol

Back