Got the studio kit, have I missed something obvious...?

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
I thought this kit had everything I needed to start shooting...

... bar the hotshoe adaptor :D

Is this right? Do I need to go buy one tomoro? :LOL:

Assuming you got an infrared transmitter, you might need a Hotshoe PC Sync adaptor, as some cameras don't have them :) about a tenner at jessops :)

eh ???

Do you mean some cameras don't have a hotshoe? The flash trigger (infra red) sits on the hotshoe, it's just a flashgun we can't see working - you wouldn't need a hotshoe adaptor as well

Oh, and moi sarcastic ????

:shake::shake::shake:

Thanks mattyh, setting one of the lights off on "TEST" mode, automatically fires the other, is that what you mean? :)

Ill be going to Jessops tomoro anyway to see what they have :)

Yes it was the Interfit one, so what do I need then? I am confuzzled :D

Not if she got an Interfit one, they sit in the hotshoe, but plug into the the PC Sync socket on the camera.

I am assuming that she bought an interfit kit though, which I shouldn't have really ;)

O I C = crap then = clever !!! NOT, as many modern cameras don't have a pc socket if they have a hotshoe - as that's what a hotshoe is for !

Well assumed young man (y)

One of these

I can't find them on the stupid jessops website, but from memory they're about £9. I phoned my local one and they put one aside for me ;)

EDIT: yeah it's very stupid dave, but you can always rely on big companies to do stupid things :D

MORE EDIT: here's the one from Jessops, stupid website :D Clicky

Interfit Studio Flash transmitter £38 from Warehouse Express fires my 3 lite 300w interfit Kit a treat . Slip it on the hot shoe, no cables at all.

I thought this kit had everything I needed to start shooting...

... bar the hotshoe adaptor :D

Is this right? Do I need to go buy one tomoro? :LOL:
When I got my studio kit Betty I experienced the very same problem...:)

Didn't I Dave... :D

Nothing Jessops couldn't fix for £5.95 or something like that. Don't need one now as I have the connector on the E-3, alas the E-510 doesn't have one such connector as I'd offer you mine.

Are they a universal fit? The plug on the end of this cable seems kinda small :p

Back