Goverment grant (Warm Front)

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry for not being around much lately but have been very busy......
Hope this helps someone out there……We are currently supplying over flow support for the “Warm front scheme” and with Gordon Brown going live on GMTV on Tuesday (I think) making people aware of the scheme.
The scheme for those of you who may not know, is a government grant funded by DEFRA of up to £2,700 and covers things like, loft and cavity wall insulation, draft proofing and heating measures……including boilers etc.
Those who qualify:
Home owner OR privately rented (Council tenants need to contact there local council)
And must be in receipt of some form of benefit

ALL AGES:.
Attendance allowance.
Disability living allowance.
Child tax credit.
Working tax credit + disability premium.
War disablement pension + constant attendance allowance OR mobility support.
Industrial injuries disability benefit + constant attendance allowance.

OVER 60:
State pension credit.
Income support.
Housing benefit.
Council tax benefit - >25%.
Income based jobseekers allowance.

UNDER 60:
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING REQUIRE EITHER
Disability premium
Child under 16
Pregnant with MAT B1 CERTIFICATE.

Income support.
Housing benefit.
Council tax benefit - >25%.
Income based jobseekers allowance.

Application is very quick and simple.
FREEPHONE
England 0800 3166011
Wales 0800 3162815
Scotland 0800 3161653
N/Ireland 0800 1816667

After your application is made you will receive a call within 10 days, this is only to confirm your details and then an assessor will call to inspect your property to assess your application and further see if you could be helped by other improvements included in the scheme.
If you are not sure of what benefits you are entitled to, or would like to make sure you are receiving all you are entitled to, a benefits entitlement check can be done by phoning.
Benefits entitlement check. 0800 0729006.

YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY MONEY BUT HAVE THE WORK CARRIED OUT UP TO THE VALUE OF £2,700.
This is genuine and if you think you qualify please ring.
Ken.

My Dad qualified for this, cavity wall insulation and a new boiler :thumb: :thumb:

(lives on his own, nearly 70, not at all well :( , qualifies for all sorts of allowances)

A great scheme for those that need it :)

Mark.

Definately a great scheme for those that need it.
We're lucky, in that we rent from a Housing Association, so all work like this is done anyway, but there are many out there who would certainly benefit from this.

As a side note, has everyone heard about British Gas's rebate scheme, where those who are in receipt of eligible benefits can receive up to £60 cashback?

£20 then £10 for Gas customers
and
£20 then £10 for Electricity customers, so if you get both from BG and get the right benefits, you can get £60 cashback.
They did originally have a cut off date of New Years Day, but then extended it until "Further notice", it's called a "Cold Weather Payment" or something like that.
We would be eligible for the gas, but have just applied to change to Equipower and Equigas, which will work out roughly 25% cheaper for us, so we can't apply. :)

Regards

got any links for the above guys,

my lads on full DLA for attendance and motability

every penny helps

MyPix

We had the cavity wall insulation done approximately 8 months ago, we are home owners and do not get any benefits, we paid slightly more than if we would have been receiving them, but we still qualified for a substantial rebate.

I will look out a contact number,

It has certainly made a great benefit to the warmth of the house.

The line we were fed is that the power suppliers are under pressure to cut emissions, and one way to do this was to give grants from the energy suppliers to us punters.

Mike

We originally contacted the Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Coventry Energy Efficieny Advice Centre on 0800 512012, I originally phoned on behalf of my mum a pensioner, and they put me in touch with a approved company who would carry out the cavity wall insulation, the house is a 3 bedroom semi-detached cost £90.00, i asked the question of the eeac about ourselves, and said we qualified and the cost was about £120.00.

I know it is a midland number, but they were helpful and gave us the number to pass on to our son who lives with his family in Chelmsford.

Hope it is of help.

Mike

MyPix said:
my lads on full DLA for attendance and motability

every penny helps

MyPix

Same here for my daughter & just about to move to 30 year old property that could do with updating. Like you say every penny helps . Thanks for heads up Ken.

Thanks for the heads up Ken. I know someone that might find this a great help.:thumb:

i phoned up british gas for the rebate today,
5 mins on the phone and its all sorted,

gona sort out the grant thing asap...

great stuff, thanks for the heads up

MyPix

Back