Government at it again!

Yes. Assuming you’re a tax payer. If something benefits society (as you insist it does) then what’s wrong with funding from taxation?

I’m not particularly bothered about paying for a drone permit. It has no effect on me but if you think it saves lives then why shouldn’t the tax payer cover it?
Yes. Assuming you’re a tax payer. If something benefits society (as you insist it does) then what’s wrong with funding from taxation?

I’m not particularly bothered about paying for a drone permit. It has no effect on me but if you think it saves lives then why shouldn’t the tax payer cover it?

I think drones should be tightly regulated and see no reason the general public should pay for it.
They all claim to be totally responsible. Yeah right, like dog owners. Nobody lets their dog foul the pavement but theres s**t everywhere.

Would you like to be taxed to contribute towards my hobbies?

Would you like to be taxed to contribute towards my hobbies?

Actually, if it was to legislate your hobby for the benefit of society I’m cool with that.

if you’ve ever required medical help following a gym injury the odds are my tax has already done just that. Dunno if that’s the case or not but that’s not so different.

In reality it’s going to cost lots more then £16 to properly regulate a drone so both you and I will be paying anyway

Last edited:
I think drones should be tightly regulated and see no reason the general public should pay for it.
They all claim to be totally responsible. Yeah right, like dog owners. Nobody lets their dog foul the pavement but theres s**t everywhere.

WTF have dogs got to do with?

No mention of any fee in that publication.

I was responding to the claim that you can fly drones hardly anywhere in the USA.

Ive got one. I thought you might like to pay her vet bills.
At least you no longer need a licence for something that has teeth and craps in the street :D

Although in one respect I can understand the logic behind a premium, if there is a licencing system.
Although 4 x does seen a little OTT.
Tough to enforce though, unless you need to provide a certificate of neutering on application?

You need to do a bit more research. Average model £200 plus radio gear 2/300 club fees average 50 society fee approx 40 plus your fuel batteries etc. Also if you make a mistake and crash it can be goodbye to your £200 plane. so not a cheap hobby. but neither is fishing.

You obviously have no idea how much modern fishing kit is...... I've just been through mine for our updated contents insurance, and it's in excess of £2k, and I don't fish that often, and haven't bought a new rod or reel in 5 years.

Plus these days you need to join a club to access their waters, or pay a day ticket each time you go. Some of the carp waters I fished last year were £20 a day.....

This may describe what we are up against. Bit long winded but worth the watch. Well I thought it was
Well looks like a man who has set up a camera to have a rant to me.

Other opinions are available. Like "If £1.38 a month is going to affect you flying your model aircraft then it is time to get a new hobby."
And, this is the beginning of the end of civilisation as we know it.

At least you no longer need a licence for something that has teeth and craps in the street :D

On that subject perhaps we should impose a licence fee for Chavs
Tattoo tax would rake a good few quid in too.

On a more serious note I fully expect the electric steam fags to be taxed sooner or later

Last edited:
So well put .

Back