Gower Beach/Dunes, Wales.

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys.
Not a very photographically inspiring two days of horrible weather and dull grey skies in the South of Wales last week ... managed to grab theses during a brief opening early one morning... quite pleased with the first nonetheless. Second two are the same shot, cropped for effect.

What do you think?

grassview.jpg

Two from one ...??

Dunes.jpg

mansware.jpg

:) (y)

I sometimes think our best images are taken in such weather - your picture is so full of rich sombre colour and atmosphere that I'm bracing myself against the chill off the Irish Sea.

I always like to think that too Mark, Thanks, glad your feeling chilly. :D ;)

Simon is that right, still giving it some is it. ... The surfing was ruined by the heavy wind unfortunately, but the noise of the crashing waves being carried by the wind was staggering, tricky to have a conversation on the beach without belting your lungs out.

Ta for your thoughts. (y)

am loving the first shot adam...looking towards burry holms island along llangenith beach

i wish i had a £1 for every time i've walked those dunes :wacky:

:LOL: You'd be a rich man with good legs I reckon.

Amazing place, just such an awesome sight.
I learnt some stuff, you probabaly already know....
...400 million years old If I remember my brothers geophysics guidance correctly? ...all the ware and tear being caused by man over the passed hundred years or so. Limescale cliffs at the Holms end and the distant other, the worm and further (rossilli is it) (sp?) and in the middle just by these dunes the huge rounded hills of red sand stone.
A huge uplifting and churning of the earths crust at this point millions of years ago made the way for these dunes to be deposited in the gap left over. (like a mini dessert) ...Interesting view of the area is to think of stone age man millions of years later who would have had the whole fruitful area to farm (Dunes way out passed Holms and the Worm) instead of mainly a wind swept beach and sea as it is today.

Nice to see the places written down Stan, so confusing. ...I think I can actually say Llangenith now. :D

Last edited:
lol...i used to walk from rhosilli up to where the path from hill end campsite meets the beach to fish for the bass and flounder from a gulley that used to be there at low tide(weren't allowed to park in hill end by the match organisers)on a regular basis throughout the spring/summer months...bloody hard work when you have a load of fishing gear.you certainly are pretty clued up on your geophysics adam..i wouldn't know where to start,but it is a wonderful place,and one i rarely visit these days....hey,i shall give you a lesson in welsh pronounciation at dungeness :p :LOL:

The first shot it a classic view from much of the southern coast, very nicely taken too.

The crop of the 2nd shot is really appealing to me as it's pretty hard to pin a scale to it, giving it an almost abstract feel even though it's clear what it is.

Lol, yeah, you hide your age well though ;)

...you me and thousands of not so essential people going surfing or some other pointless activity, terrible init! ...:LOL:

...Hey Stan, we keep bumping this thread up but its still makes no difference...

Don't we? :D

yeah adam..some *** have no taste mate :LOL:

age.....i'm 40 again this november :p

:D Hehe

... life begins again this November then Stan ... What a cool thought, might do that as well, tis good excuse anyway.

The first shot it a classic view from much of the southern coast, very nicely taken too.

The crop of the 2nd shot is really appealing to me as it's pretty hard to pin a scale to it, giving it an almost abstract feel even though it's clear what it is.

I thought the same about the crop too, think I'll print it like that and stick it on a post card size only. . ...I tried searching for a better dune in the foreground but took too long and missed the light. Cheers for your thoughts Darren. :)

love these pics - I think particularly because I love that place so much... but also well executed!!
may try to recreate next time I'm there ;-)

Back