Goyt Valley

Edit My Images
No
Not really a scenery photographer, but here goes. Light wasn't on my side
View_C_.jpg

This look like one of those scenes that looks great when you are there. As a photograph, it's not fantastic. There is no focal point in the picture, some foreground interest would be enough, plus it seems on a tilt, although that could be the way the hills are. With Landscape photography, it's about the light and using what you have, or knowing when not to bother. This for me fall in the latter category for me. Having said that. you can still use light like this to work on composition, you never know, you may even be able to use this light to your advantage in the future.

I've been to the peak district over 50 times in the last 3 years and I am never happy with my landscapes. Even in sunny weather there is almost always a haze in the distance which is off putting. If the light is bad its often not worth it. I'm sure the same photo would look far better in bright sunlight.

I'm sure the same photo would look far better in bright sunlight.

The time to do the Peak District justice is during the golden hours, in my opinion. It has a beauty of its own, but its hills don't really present an obvious focal point like some places do.

Back