Grabs from London

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few that had slipped below the radar, all the processing for these has been done in Aperture have not been passed through PS just trying something new..

Let me know what you think of the conversions,

107158720.jpg

107158721.jpg

Centre subject in this one reminds me of the Rapist Bad guy in "Sin City"
107158722.jpg

107158723.jpg

107158724.jpg

107158725.jpg

Cheers

Nigel

#3 aswell for me caught the shot just at the right time exellent :clap:

Like them all Nigel, Im beginning to to look at street photography differently now, thanks for sharing, PP looks good to me (y) #3 and #4 stand out for me

Last edited:
#3 stands out in a quality set. Really nice capture. I like the bottom one as well. There's a story there just in the positions of the bodies under the umbrellas.

Have to agree on #3. It's a great capture, nice DoF and a lovely expression on her face! (y)(y)

I like them all and think the conversions work very well but no3 does stand out. It tells a brilliant story or two. After having another look I really like no 4 too. Love the questioning expression. I could see this as part of an ad campaign too :clap:

Wish I was brave enough to do street togging. Would love to have a go :(

Last edited:
It has to be no3 for me its a shot made for a poster:clap:

Thanks Dangermouse

#3 aswell for me caught the shot just at the right time exellent :clap:

Thanks Boozybill, someone shouted just at the right time...and for once it was not me.

Like them all Nigel, Im beginning to to look at street photography differently now, thanks for sharing, PP looks good to me (y) #3 and #4 stand out for me

Cheers Just Dave

Same here, whilst the debate continues about 'street', #3 is a wonderful street shot imo and stands out beautifully. :clap:

Many thanks Yv.

#3 stands out in a quality set. Really nice capture. I like the bottom one as well. There's a story there just in the positions of the bodies under the umbrellas.

Thanks Ginger John, I like that one as well, would be nice to hear the conversation....

3 most definitely, like 6 as well

Many thanks as-i-said

Got to agree, 3 and 6 for me too. (y)

Thanks Susane.

Have to agree on #3. It's a great capture, nice DoF and a lovely expression on her face! (y)(y)

Thanks Marc....

I like them all and think the conversions work very well but no3 does stand out. It tells a brilliant story or two. After having another look I really like no 4 too. Love the questioning expression. I could see this as part of an ad campaign too :clap:

Wish I was brave enough to do street togging. Would love to have a go :(

Thanks Ducky, number for is one of those looks that makes you feel like it's all your fault. You should try and have a go, its fun, some of these are from quite a while ago and were using my 70-300, the others the 2.8 ones are using a 50-150 and a 28mm lens use what you are comfortable with at what distance you like.

2,3 and 6 for me Nigel - I love the poses captured in #2!

Thanks for the comments John, hes got the look of someone who is fed up of being dragged round london and just wants a beer.

Thanks for the comments everyone,

Nigel

3 is my fav, really pops.

6 is also great and could be a great candidate for colour selection on the little girls coat depending on the colour.

Baaaaaah! Sheep says number 3! It really is the pick of the bunch (as if you didn't know already :D)

I personally really like number 2 as well. The mural on the Tate and the expression of the guy in the middle just 'works' for me (y)

2 and 3 for me as well.

I think I prefer 2 over 3 though - I like the composition and the people in it.

3 is my fav, really pops.

6 is also great and could be a great candidate for colour selection on the little girls coat depending on the colour.

Many thanks Scotty B I will have a look and see if the selective colouring looks right.

Cheers

Nigel

Baaaaaah! Sheep says number 3! It really is the pick of the bunch (as if you didn't know already :D)

I personally really like number 2 as well. The mural on the Tate and the expression of the guy in the middle just 'works' for me (y)

Many thanks.

Nigel

All of them are showing great little moments. You should be proud! I agree with others that number 3 is a winner! Something about her face makes me smile!

In number 1 that lady is giving you a funny look! Did she say anything?

All of them are showing great little moments. You should be proud! I agree with others that number 3 is a winner! Something about her face makes me smile!

In number 1 that lady is giving you a funny look! Did she say anything?

You would understand the look if you ever met me... I have one ear lower than the other and only two front teeth.

Not at all, she just decide to give me the stare.

Nigel

You would understand the look if you ever met me... I have one ear lower than the other and only two front teeth.

Now now Nigel, don't put yourself down. Your left ear is only six inches below the right one and you have a third tooth right at the back! :D

Great Nigel, 2, 3 and 6 for me too.

Could you imgaine the conversation of 2 ............

Some really excellent photos there Nigel.

(Clive quickly dons hard hat!)

Not sure however the last pictures really works for me. Just doesn't seem to stand out like the others.

have to admit i am not a huge fan of street photography (shock horror), but number 3 looks like a winner, excellent eye contact :)

No. 1 for me..

Q. you say you have not used PS on them yet.. Please tell me how you did your wonderful borders please please... !!

Jez.

Great Nigel, 2, 3 and 6 for me too.

Could you imgaine the conversation of 2 ............

Cheers Jason

Some really excellent photos there Nigel.

(Clive quickly dons hard hat!)

Not sure however the last pictures really works for me. Just doesn't seem to stand out like the others.

Many thanks KoG

have to admit i am not a huge fan of street photography (shock horror), but number 3 looks like a winner, excellent eye contact :)

Cheers Ruth

No. 1 for me..

Q. you say you have not used PS on them yet.. Please tell me how you did your wonderful borders please please... !!

Jez.

Jez these have only gone through program called Aperture and I run a plugin in Aperture called BorderFX which handles all my exporting of files and add's the Exif information during the export process along with the adding of the border design.

Thanks for all the comments

Nigel

Back