Graduation portrait

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I took a few photos for a friend at her graduation and used it as a test outing for my new 85mm 1.2L.

Bloody love it! So impressed with the bokeh and how sharp it is, even at 1.2

It's easy to see why you're impressed : it's a great photo.

great image and very pretty lady ! (wolf whistle).

I have a look at the highest res image you have on flickr of her and I noticed theres quite a bit of chromatic aberration from the whites of her shirt to the jacket and yes, I think I might try a bit of wrinkle removal :)

Lovely and sharp though :)

I have a look at the highest res image you have on flickr of her and I noticed theres quite a bit of chromatic aberration from the whites of her shirt to the jacket and yes, I think I might try a bit of wrinkle removal :)

This is the first example of a real life photo (not a review photo) where I've seen chromatic aberration that's really noticeable, when you look at the 100% full res image.

I've always wondered what it's all about as I've never noticed as a problem in any of my photos, although I'm sure its probably there.

Now I've seen it pointed out like that I now know it wouldn't worry me at all on a photo. Looking at the photo as you would normally i.e. not pixel peeping, it's not noticeable to me at all so when reviews say certain lenses are prone to CA, I now know that its not a problem for me :)

Great capture by the way all I would personally do is possibly crop some off the top, but that's just my preference.

You're right about the chromatic aberration - I hadn't noticed it! Lens reviews do say it's occasionally prone to it. Easily removed in lightroom at least :)

Lovely image. Theres something about the tones in the 1.2's and 1.4 lenses that I absolutely love. Simply stunning.

Back