graffiti art in Newcastle.

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
While waiting to pick my wife up from uni today o had a drive down to shieldfield in Newcastle and took these. It's a building that's a designated graffiti area and is constantly changing week on week, some great stuff there, anyways here's some of the work that's there, amazing talents I think. c&c welcome as always.

Nick

graffiti 4 by N.J.W Images, on Flickr

graffiti 3 by N.J.W Images, on Flickr

Left the corrogated metal on this one at the top as its quite an industrial area and also cropping it off left no space at the top of the image above the graffiti

graffiti 1 by N.J.W Images, on Flickr

graffiti by N.J.W Images, on Flickr

graffiti 2 by N.J.W Images, on Flickr

Great shots!

Graffiti like this should get more attention, not all of it is "Michael has a small..." :LOL:

No offence to Michael, if that's what any of you lot are called!

Very colourful set, nice documentary images, these wall will soon fade.

Great colourful shots, but surely they are snaps of someone else's art? Some may turn a nose up and say that unless you add something to the shot via lighting/composition/additional element/dramatic processing etc, it's almost art theft.
Nice to look at, but as the thread is marked for serious crit, that's the crit i'd give.

I see what you mean, but I have taken a fair bit of graffiti shots, and what a lot of people will suggest is that unless you add something to it, it's making a shot out of someone else's hard work. having said that, could the same thing be said of someone taking a shot of Big Ben? Or the Shard? Surely they are objects made attractive by someone's hard work in design etc too... What's the difference? Tricky one.

I think the people who would accuse you or anyone of art theft are being a bit ridiculous really, as no doubt they will have taken photos of things other people have made. The only time I would not share a photo of graffiti is if the actual artist themselves approached me and asked me not to, but at the end of the day of they are putting it in a public place its to be expected that people will admire it. When you consider that the amount of press 'banksy' gets its hardly a bad thing for them to have their work shown off! :)

I passed some of these the other day and thought that they would be a great project. Very well Done

Is this location the wall opposite where the Harley Davidson dealers were ?

Back