Graffiti in Manchester

Anyone? I know they are not the most exciting shots, just a little feedback needed. Especially on my virgin pp. thanks folks.

Hi,the first one does nothing for me,and that is just me ,the second is interesting and busy with enough to keep me interested,not to keen on the pov due to the angle of the wall ,it looks like two shots in one imho,the third is the pick of the bunch for me, great contrast and colours that allow the signature to stand out ,as said just my opinion on the shots .

Thanks den for the feedback...glancing back at number 2 I see what you mean :)

The first one works well for me - goes against 'the norm' where most graffiti shots are full colour... the processing works really well and definately makes the shot jump out more for me (y)

As Den said the 2nd looks like two shots merged into one so doesn't work personally for me..

Third shot is good although cropped/shot a little bit to tight on the left-hand side...

Overall nice set though and love that first shot :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I was a torn on the left hand side of the crop on the 3rd but another piece was overlapping..shame really :)

Competently seen, framed and processed - each one has a strong presence.

I think they are good record shots of the graffiti, but really on its own it is just a copy of someone else's work.

If you were to incorporate the graffiti into the shot, maybe with someone interesting walking in front of it, or as a background to a portrait, you may get more comments.

All imho of course!

I think they are good record shots of the graffiti, but really on its own it is just a copy of someone else's work.

If you were to incorporate the graffiti into the shot, maybe with someone interesting walking in front of it, or as a background to a portrait, you may get more comments.

All imho of course!

This. Adding something to image yourself is what really brings these kind of images to life and become 'yours' rather than a pic of someones work. You could take some great portrait shots in that environment with some flashes and a charecterful model.

1 has nice texture as a mono, 3 has good colours and impact. However they are pictures of someone elses graffiti, I think this could be better if you added some thing / someone to the image to make it your own, an object or person with these as backdrop would be "your" image.

Back