Graffiti

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this to give a sense of the area and to obviusly include the graffiti, and chose this spot as the posts lead the eye off the flats which I think add context. I liked the lines in the ceiling and the angle the posts and the wall make off to the right. Waited for a while for someone to come along and managed to catch this as the chap waited. Not sue which crop to go for. The higher crop puts the guy on thirds and uses lots of the nice lines in the ceiling, but then the guy seems lost, so I prefer the closer crop with the flats in. Some have suggetsed removing the flats as they distract, but I think they are needed. Not entirely sure though.

Most importantly of all, do you like the shot and does it work. It's meant to show a rough area and the chap seems down and patiently waiting for something to happen.

Any good, and which crop?

Many many thanks.

waiting-740.jpg

waiting-final-crop-crop.jpg

waiting-crop-740.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, the second crop is the best, the flats are a bit annoying, too bright compared to the rest of the frame.
I found myself wondering if that black thing on the creek was a duck or just rubbish.

On a second thought, I know it may be a bit late, but the shot taken from the right could've worked too. The subject sitting on the right, and having the reflections on the background could've been a nice idea.

Back