Gran Sasso Mountain Walk (4 pics)

Jas

Edit My Images
Yes
Three from a summer trip to the Abruzzo region of Italy. I didn't have my tripod and attempted not to tinker with the colour or contrast too much.

C + C positively encouraged, always need to improve!

no2 attempting to lead in to the hut (although not a particularly exciting hut). Possibly has a dust spot I missed :bang:
1292611696_298d054f43_b.jpg

no2
1291765231_ac80405231_b.jpg

no3 My favourite of the bunch as a composition
1292644414_89ef2a6eb2_b.jpg

no4 steep, but got down safely!
1292620730_9e454191fb_b.jpg

All taken in the middle of the day so the light is a little harsh in midsummer, would be very interesting to do first thing. Some of the aspects I'm looking for feedback on is no3, should I up the saturation as it looks a little flat? No4 looks a little green.
Thanks for looking
Jas

It was astonishingly clear, you can see for miles, I reckon the third shot with a bit more sky like the second (if you have it) would make the best combination.

The compositions look fine to me. Only thing that jumped out at me as wrong is the levels. It looks like a blinding summers day but the levels have sunglasses on - they just don't look bright enough for the conditions pictured.

Here is a bit of the first one with auto levels then a small increase to the gamma

1292611696_298d054f43_b.jpg

All, thanks for comments so far.

Robert, thanks for letting me know the changes made, the feedback really helps.

Steve, have you upped the contrast and added sharpness? Would be very interested to know what you changed!

Jas

Back