Grand Canyon

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Another pano from my recent trip.

C&C welcome

Very impressive shot, I am hoping to return to the Canyon next year - even more so now.

Look at it alongside your Bryce one and I think you'll find a bit more colour wouldn't go amiss. You've found a nice spot here.

a bit more colour wouldn't go amiss

I'd agree with that too. I know it's probably weather conditions causing the haze, but I'd have a play with the levels to try and remove it as it's just making it look a little wishy-washy rather than adding to any drama.

As with all my pictures of the canyon you just can't grasp the scale of it :)

From memory the other side is 10 to 12 miles away so I think some haze is allowed as it really does look a bit 'washed out'

I think a larger version would be worth seeing. A scrollable version say 3200x800 could be great.

To my eyes the canyon (other than the extreme foreground) doesn't look very sharp at all. Is that the haze? Or an artefact of reducing the size to 800x200?

Also, if you'll permit a bit of nit-picking, I think the plateau at the top of the canyon is essentially level. I suspect the slope up towards the top left corner of the panorama may be an artefact of the way you've stitched the photos together, and your stitching program should have options to allow you to remove that.

Looks like an awesome place, and I do admire the photo. I would personally prefer more vibrancy in the colours, more space above the canyon, and a little but of space on the right. Also, was Stew says re the slope.

Gary.

Back