grandson...

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
one i took of my grandson on the black mountains in carmarthenshire...used the vignetting feature in coral photo album 6..

dylan2.jpg

and the original...

DSC00166.jpg

(y):thumbsdown:

I like the mono conversion as I think it works better than the colour. The vignetting effect does nothing for me though I'm afraid :( Have you tried / considered a tight crop instead?

I like the mono conversion as I think it works better than the colour. The vignetting effect does nothing for me though I'm afraid :( Have you tried / considered a tight crop instead?

thanks for your comments minimeeze..just did the vignetting effect for fun,and wasn't really expecting much in the way of positive comments.i didn't try a crop on this occasion though,maybe next time eh (y)

Hi there, hope you don't mind, but he is such a cheeky chappy, I thought I'd take Minimeeze good advice and try a close crop.

eg.jpg

I've also boosted the contrast, lightened his eyes and teeth and "burned" the background slightly to give a touch more depth.

To finish off, a simple black border.

Let me know if you like it?

K:shrug:

I prefer Kathy's edit but with maybe a touch more room on the right so he's not touching the frame.

Just a quick lighting tip on the original image. The light is coming pretty much from directly over his head, which is why his eyes have fallen into shadow, and the nose is bright. In those situations, if you can take a slightly higher angle, he'll have to look slightly upwards at you, which puts the light more where you'd want it, lighting up his eyes rather than his nose.

Also, be careful of cropping off those hands. ;)

- CJ

Back