Graphics Tablet For Mac

If you're a student and can afford to fork out £165 (if not it's about £200) then I strongly recommend the brand new Wacom Intuos 4 Small tablet. It's compatible with both PC/Mac.

intuos-4-pen-tablet.jpg

I just bought it the other day and it is absolutely brilliant, it has allowed me to work so much faster then using a mouse, it's very precise and this version is even better than the previous because left handed people can use it comfortably!! (I'm left handed!). It looks absolutely brilliant as well.

You also have the choice of one free application upon registration, I cant remember what they were but I didn't bother with any as i've got PS which is enough.

I've a Wacom. Works fine.

Wacom do a range of tablets that vary in price. Have a look and see what you can afford. If you can afford it stick to A5 or bigger

Hi

I use an A4 Wacom - previously had A5 and have used A3 at work.

Firstly - graphics tablets are the way to go for any serious editing, and they are great fun to use to. (Don't let the kids near them as you won't get it back!)

Size wise - A3 is way too big unless you're going to be tracing drawings - it just takes up far too much desk space. A4 (mine) Works well for me. A5 was really good to. Going smaller, I think it depends how you are going to work. Obviously the larger the area, the more free you can be with your brush strokes.

But there is always a trade: the larger tablets take up more room - and for a messy oik like me that's always a problem!!

Go and try a couple - do you have a mac store near you?

Pete

Back