Graphics Tablet & Photoshop?

I have CS3 & Lightroom and I have a Wacom Graphite CTE 430 about the size of an A5 but square-ish. My Brother bought it for me a couple of years ago in the US and he made me disconnect the mouse and hide it away in the cupboard, as the only way to get used to it was to overcome the unusual way to hold the pen as opposed to the mouse. It was hell for the first couple of days, but then great. I use it all the time and would miss it if it ever failed.

I say go for one. HTH Gillian

I use a Wacom. Mine's a Graphire 4 and I've had it for several years now.

I tend to use it in conjunction with a mouse, using whichever seems the best tool. Where it does come in useful is in delicate work. producing accurate masks and similar, a whole lot easier than with a mouse.

May take you a short while to get used too but well worth the trouble.

John C

Wacom Intuos3 A5 wide from A J Purdy.
My third tablet over the years, this one is a dream with lots of programmable buttons. Matches my wide screen monitor to perfection.
Since getting my first tablet 8 years ago I have never wanted to use a mouse again. Use it for all applications, totally eliminates wrist strain.

Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

I use a Wacom Intuos3 A4, mainly for graphic design though. However it works like a charm for editing photos - it's very useful for masking, cloning and selectively sharpening.

Wacom Intuos3 A5 wide from A J Purdy.
My third tablet over the years, this one is a dream with lots of programmable buttons. Matches my wide screen monitor to perfection.
Since getting my first tablet 8 years ago I have never wanted to use a mouse again. Use it for all applications, totally eliminates wrist strain.

Best Thing Since Sliced Bread

I agree. It's a great tablet. Prior to this I had a Graphire tablet, and it was total rubbish. There is no comparison. Save your pennies and get the Intuos.

Jesus Christ, the Intuos3 is super expensive! There's me thinking around £50 should fetch a good one lol!

Jesus Christ, the Intuos3 is super expensive! There's me thinking around £50 should fetch a good one lol!

Worth every penny IMO. In fact I want a Cintiq now. :LOL: Have a look at the Wacom Bamboo, it's more than enough for photo editing.

Wow just checked the Cintiq out and it's awesome!

Just got myself a Wacom Bamboo - it seems pretty awesome and was only £50 or so!

If you're a student (or you know one) you can can a discount from the manufacturer.

Hmmm?

Details please?

I have been looking at a second hand Wacom Intuos 2 A4 Graphics .
Any good ?.

Hmmm?

Details please?

I can't remember the website, but after scouring the net for the cheapest price, it turned out it was because Wacom had a student discount deal on. You'd need to provide fax/photo of the student ID/pass.

May have been one of these:

http://www.ilgs.co.uk/products.asp?partno=PTZ-1230-D
http://www.dpsb.co.uk/product_info....37613&osCsid=f56d9c9a6810835ac35995c742c8ac27
http://www.tablet4u.co.uk/product.html?ItemID=708

You'd have to call and ask :)

HTH

ta(y)

I'll look into that

Back