Graphics tablet recommendations.

Name
Sye
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking for ideas regarding graphics tablets.

After watching a few videos I like the look of them and think they would suit my workflow.

The Wacom ones appear popular and highly recommended.

Would the intuos small (not pro)be suitable for work in Ps and Lr on a 27" iMac screen?

Or would the medium be better? My workspace is tiny so the small would be better but want the right tool for the job.

Other make recomendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for ideas regarding graphics tablets.

After watching a few videos I like the look of them and think they would suit my workflow.

The Wacom ones appear popular and highly recommended.

Would the intuos small (not pro)be suitable for work in Ps and Lr on a 27" iMac screen?

Or would the medium be better? My workspace is tiny so the small would be better but want the right tool for the job.

Other make recomendations welcome.

Thanks in advance.

I have a Wacom Intuos pro medium and I find it to big. A mall would have been a much better option.
Luckily the software allows me to map a smaller work area, but I could have saved a bit of money by buying a smaller device.

I think you'd find that a small intuos would function pretty ok with a 27" display, but it's on the limit - a medium might be safer.

I have the small Intuos with a 22 in monitor. I wouldn't want a bigger one, even with a bigger monitor. Some people say they're hard to get used to but they're really not. I'm on my second having had one for many years, a new computer meant a new tablet to run on it.

I've got a small Intous Pro, before that I had a small Wacom Bamboo, both used with PS and LR on a 24" monitor. The Intous Pro is nice because it has six buttons and a jog dial that can be customised on an app by app basis.

Even with a small tablet, I've got the working area mapped to less than a quarter of the tablet size. Using it for retouching (and zoomed a lot of the time), I only need to use a small area. Otherwise, you spend too much time moving your hand around. If you're using it for actual drawing, then a larger tablet might useful though.

Thanks guys.

Spark,
This is my exact plans for use......zoomed in for dodging and burning etc.

Very grateful for the replies.

I will take a look at the pro version too.

There's an aspect of tablet size that hasn't been mentioned. It's to do with comfort. My medium Intuos, like Elliott's, has the display mapped to an area on the tablet smaller than the maximum possible, but in my case forced towards the upper left. Since the tablet (obviously) isn't flush with the desk, this lets the heel of my hand rest on the tablet surface throughout and allows a more comfortable sliding action when drawing.

I've used Wacoms for years as do-it-all tools, without a mouse at all (hate the things). So there's no competition for desk space.

Last edited:
I have the big 24HD wacom, touch screen etc and at first it was hard to use but now I wouldn't be without it.

I dont use it for photography though (ironically), mostly drawing and graphic design.

Back