graphics tablets....help or hinderence?

digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I wondering what people think of these, does anyone think of them as a must have for re-touching up images.

I'm guessing that selecting areas and outlines will be easier than using the mouse,

What else can they do?

I have an old Wacom A5 and its a fantastic bit of kit that I couldnt do without. Photocvhop is so much easier with a tablet once your used to it and much quicker for me.

If you are going to get one tho treat yourself and get a Wacom ;) Worlds apart from the cheap off the shelf PC World ones ;)

Thanks for the insight into the use of these

I'm still not 100% it's something i'll be unable to live without though.

What would you list as the pros of them?

TBH I used one in work for CAD stuff and also graphics as I spent over 3 weeks doing posters and pictures for an exhibition some time ago and thats when I realised the benefits of it. At home I dont really get a massive amount of use on the day to day stuff.

Pros
superb control selecting / erasing
less ache from mouse movements
custom function buttons on top of tablet (some models)

Cons
Fiddly buttons on pen for right / left click (something you do get used to after a while)
takes up desk space (or floor space ;) )
Usually requires power connection

I suppose if you are finding it difficult using the mouse then a tablet is a great bit of kit, if you get along okay at the moment then your not missing much!!!

i have a tablet, dont use it much but its ok when i do.....takes up too much space though!

Back