Grasmere at Dawn

Name
harry
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m just started getting back into photography around a year ago, so much has changed. The last serious camera I had was an EOS 650 35mm job so all this digital thing is new to me.

These are 3 shoots I took at or just before dawn at Grasmere on three different days. Please feel free to comment or criticise in any way. I need some help and tips

Pictures 2 and 3 were taken before the sun had come up so I assume that’s has caused the purple cast, which I in fact like.

IMG_9711print by mrhmclean, on Flickr

IMG_9669 by mrhmclean, on Flickr

IMG_9492print by mrhmclean, on Flickr

Great shots, 1st one is definetely my favourite, love the brightness of colour in the foreground.
I'm not an expert so I dont like to try and critique too much as I dont really know enough.

But I also like the purple tint on the photos!

Hi Harry....i too love the first shot!!

Great composition....fantastic colour and the reflections really work well for me...

Are the shots straight out of the camera or have the been processed?

Steve

Hi Harry....i too love the first shot!!

Great composition....fantastic colour and the reflections really work well for me...

Are the shots straight out of the camera or have the been processed?

Steve

There was a bit of processing in CameraRAW but nothing much, as I say just starting out with this digital stuff. A bit of a change to the exposure with some recovery, vibrancy and clarity is about all I’m capable of at the moment.
On a separate matter, I’m new on the forum and was wondering if it is normal to just post one image under the critique label. I’ve had a look around and that’s what most people seem to be doing.

Thanks for the replies

no 1 great!!
the format doesnt gel with me...i think the leaves in the foregound is the anchor so you could lose some sky
cheers
geof

first is the favourite for me. Now go try the gingerbread they make there!

I like 1 & 2 the most
3 lacks the light I feel but thats no surprise with the weather we have had the last couple of months.

Back