Grasshopper with Venus Laowa 2:1 lens

Edit My Images
No
I seriously need to sort out my flash setup for macro photos
As someone once said ..... Things can only get better

Last edited:
I seriously need to sort out my flash setup for macro photos
As someone once said ..... Things can only get better

It's a good effort - dark yes, and not quite bob on focus, but it's tough lens to get to grips with and you'll improve as you persevere m8.

Paul.

This could of been a lovely shot Carl, I really like the composition for a portrait. Focus looks good on the eye but without stacking or cropping a larger image down it will be hard to get the DoF from front of the face to the back of the eye. Did you shoot in RAW, can you not lighten the blacks and shadows?

A very good start Carl, these lenses can be a bit difficult to get to grips with but just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll soon be posting some really 1st class shots.(y)

George.

A very good start Carl, these lenses can be a bit difficult to get to grips with but just keep practicing and I'm sure you'll soon be posting some really 1st class shots.(y)

George.

Thanx George

I will get the better of this ............ eventually .....

Yes agree it's a great portrait but is a bit dark I can't advise on flash as I don't use it but when I did I put the camera on manual and set the shutter and aperture and then varied the flash exposure compensation to get the right exposure
But the are people here who are much better qualified than me to advise
Also as Neil said I would try stacking for this type of subject, take a series of shots varying the focus from his nose to the back of the eye

This could of been a lovely shot Carl, I really like the composition for a portrait. Focus looks good on the eye but without stacking or cropping a larger image down it will be hard to get the DoF from front of the face to the back of the eye. Did you shoot in RAW, can you not lighten the blacks and shadows?

No I didnt shoot in RAW :(

You don't need raw to raise shadows. I can't illustrate this because you have Edit My Images as No, but I think you'll find a quite mild raising of the shadows has a big effect.

Back