Grave stone, feedback very much wanted :)

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just need a bit of feedback to help me out as i'm still very new and confused!

I appreciate the pic needs trimming with the grave slightly leaning and the flower pot in the right hand corner is off putting, is the photo too busy with the tree hanging down?

I did genuinely want the church to be in the background on it's own but can't help the trees haha.

Any feedback will be really helpful to me :) thanks in advance...

Simon

9427585171_12a7191fe0_d.jpg

I would disagree with the picture needed to be trimed, if anything I would like to see the other edge of the grave stone in the picture.

I do not like the tree is a problem as the depth of field has put it out of focus.

I would disagree with the picture needed to be trimed, if anything I would like to see the other edge of the grave stone in the picture.

I do not like the tree is a problem as the depth of field has put it out of focus.

Why would you want it in focus? It would then distract.
I think the stone to the RHS needs to be cloned out, as it's quite a distraction. Ideally the white areas of blown sky would be cloned/cropped or fixed by using grads during the shoot.

I am a idiot and should read what I have written instead of what I intended to write.:bonk:

I do not think the tree is a problem as the depth of field has put it out of focus

Cheers both of you, I know i'm no where near with using the correct settings etc but i'm desperate to get the actual photographs worth taking if you get me.

Without that 'blur' in the tree element, it would become too distracting.
The only thing worth changing here is the slant of the gravestone and that flower holder in the bottom right. If you try rotating the image to straighten the gravestone, the church won't look right though. You could possibly fix in post but is it worth the time.

For future ref, simply crouch down so you and camera are level-ish with the gravestone. This would have meant a possible straighter grave/church and no flower pot. Try and do as much of the work in camera as possible. Have fun!:)

Absolutely agree with the above, especially the comment about getting down lower.
I do find the flowerpot in the corner slightly distracting. And as much as I'd always advise people to think about their composition and getting it right in camera first, if something like that can't be completely avoided it would be a very easy job to clone out in PP.

FWIW it doesn't sound like you're confused at all. You're looking critically at your own photos, asking other people's advice about what you think is or isn't working . . . I think if you went back and took that same shot again you'd already see a huge improvement :)

thanks both of you, I will definitely take on board the comments and luckily I take the dog to the same place every few days so will try again :)

When your new it really does help to know where you're going wrong so thank you very much

Simon

Back