Gravesend Pier

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
C&C away. What's right with it, what's wrong with it, what could I improve?

I went to school there for 8 years and never realised we have a Pier?

Just looked through your Flickr...please don't tell me you live in the same village as me!?

Two words, first begins with I, second ends in E?

On topic though, probably slightly too much detail lost around the edges, it does give it an old fashioned feel though, and I like the detail in the water.

I went to school there for 8 years and never realised we have a Pier?

Just looked through your Flickr...please don't tell me you live in the same village as me!?

Two words, first begins with I, second ends in E?

On topic though, probably slightly too much detail lost around the edges, it does give it an old fashioned feel though, and I like the detail in the water.

wow.. yes, small world. Hello :)
If you come out the market in Gravesend into the car park, keep going onto the bottom car park, across the road, you come to the water. There are 2 piers there. The one pictured now has a restaurant on it.

wow.. yes, small world. Hello :)
If you come out the market in Gravesend into the car park, keep going onto the bottom car park, across the road, you come to the water. There are 2 piers there. The one pictured now has a restaurant on it.

Hello! :)

Explains the name of the new restaurant as well, I just never put 2 and 2 together.

Next time I'm around the back of the one way system I'll have to keep an eye out!

Hello! :)

Explains the name of the new restaurant as well, I just never put 2 and 2 together.

Next time I'm around the back of the one way system I'll have to keep an eye out!

I'm amazed at the places I keep finding around here.

I like it Daverkl by the way Im from the proper side of the bridge

Beers in the Three Daws?

:LOL:

I like it, I'm not really that keen on the white vignetting though, it does lose some of the detail as previously said.

Hi Kelly. That shots makes Gravesend look almost like an attractive place! Very nice, surreal, even.
Isn't that the Riva eaterie? Pretty pricey but OK.

Last edited:
Beers in the Three Daws?

:LOL:

I like it, I'm not really that keen on the white vignetting though, it does lose some of the detail as previously said.

Whose round is it? :LOL:

Hi Kelly. That shots makes Gravesend look almost like an attractive place! Very nice, surreal, even.
Isn't that the Riva eaterie? Pretty pricey but OK.

It is the Riva. I've been told it's expensive and not all that.

It is the Riva. I've been told it's expensive and not all that.

Haven't been there for months, but I agree, last time we went it wasn't all that (but I thought that was just me being fussy) - probably why we haven't been back ...

Dave, What an interesting take on what could be just another pier shot. Excellent. (y)

Any tips on how you achieved this.

Dave, What an interesting take on what could be just another pier shot. Excellent. (y)

Any tips on how you achieved this.

Thank you.

It is simply tweaking the b&w in lightroom 3 (plus white vignetting) , then into photoshop and using levels and curves until I got the desired effect.

oops, forgot to add... it is 3 shot bracketing stacked together too.

Thank you.

It is simply tweaking the b&w in lightroom 3 (plus white vignetting) , then into photoshop and using levels and curves until I got the desired effect. ...
oops, forgot to add... it is 3 shot bracketing stacked together too.

Thanks Dave, Have to have a little go myself.

Back