Graveyard + Fog

Name
Spike
Edit My Images
Yes
I realise I'm a couple of months behind with this one, but still. Here's a graveyard, in the fog, in black and white.

Yes. Again. I know.

C+C and all that :)

01.jpg

Spooky, but nice.

Cheers :)

I took it in February I think (yes, that's a hell of a backlog to get through). I walk through that cemetery to get to work, and thought I'd squeeze off a couple of shots as it was so atmospheric.

It's a good idea for an image. But not a great image (not your fault).

Unfortunately, it's very difficult to properly capture fog settings. From experience, fog almost always never comes out the way you want it to -- it tends to wash out the entire scene, and you end up with something rather dull instead of the spookiness you were hoping for.

It seems that the (only?) way to capture foggy settings is when there is a strongish light source somewhere with vivid colour (sunrise, for example, over a lake). Also, the subject of focus tends to be sufficiently in the foreground so that it's unaffected by the fog.

Check out some of the pictures here and see which ones work and which ones don't.

I don't know. It's still a big mystery to me. I asked about fog on the FredMiranda forums a few months ago, and not many people were able to illuminate me.

I know what you mean, mate. I was desperately trying to not lose that tree you can just about see in the background. Thanks for the link :)

Back