Grays of Westminster - Outstanding service

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Thought it was worth praising Grays of Westminster for the service I have received from them recently.

Yesterday I made the decision to get another lens (either new or used). I looked at the usual suspects for used gear, including Grays but before pulling the trigger I decide to look on Camera Price Comparison to see the difference between new and used. I don't (intentionally) buy grey items, so that wasn't an option for me.

The lens I was after was some £280 cheaper at John Lewis at £1,349 against £1,629 so a significant percentage. I dropped Grays an email asking if they would price match which they agreed to. So I decided to order the lens, this was after 4:30pm and it was delivered this morning to sunny Devon by 10:15.

I know I could have bought it from JL, but I'd rather support an independent retailer.

Well done Grays.

In what way was the service 'outstanding'?

You had the hassle of negotiating a price, you coughed some money, they arranged a courier who provided a normal service.

So a bit of hassle and a pretty normal service after that.

Or am I cynically missing something?

No, you are just a rather unpleasant person. Fortunately this site has an ignore feature so I don't have to read your drivel.

So an nasty'ish response which infers an answer to both outstanding questions in my post.

Back