grease on the sensor

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,
I have a spot on grease/oil on the sensor and need a little advice on the best way to get rid of it, wet swab seems to be the way forward?
Can you recommend a brand as there seems to be so many on the market.
Any advice would be appreicated
Andy

Delkin

However profesional clean might not be a bad idea - even with a swab it would be easy to smear it arround and make the problem worse

hi BSM,
can you recommend anywhere to get it cleaned and what sort of price?
cheers
Andy

Not near leicester

I use Mifsuds who are in brixham near torquay in devon

but previously I've also used Fixation in Vauxhall, london

have a look in the back of amateur photographer - there must be somewhere more local to you

Price wise mifsuds are 35 quid for a crop body, and 65 for FF or 1.3 - IRRC fixation were slightly more

(both those are while you wait services - there are loads who can do it if you send the camera away)

Also note of caution: do not, under any circumstances, even is a 16 stone psychopath is pressing knife to your jugular, use jessops - I used them once before i knew any better and the camera came back with more cack on the sensor than when it went in.

Last edited:
its easy to do yourself, i got grease/oil on my mk3. A wet clean spread it all over the sensor and i used a lenspen sensorclear to sort it out and it was spotless. Only took 10 mins.

thanks Euan,
did you need the wet swab to soften it first, or best to use just the lens pen?

i did the wet clean as i thought that would sort it, it left a nice rainbow effect all over the sensor! I got a sensorpen and gave it a clean and it came up spotless after that.

That was the first time id cleaned my sensor so was a bit nervous and did panic a bit about the rainbow effect but it was sorted no problem.

Not near leicester

I use Mifsuds who are in brixham near torquay in devon

but previously I've also used Fixation in Vauxhall, london

have a look in the back of amateur photographer - there must be somewhere more local to you

Price wise mifsuds are 35 quid for a crop body, and 65 for FF or 1.3 - IRRC fixation were slightly more

(both those are while you wait services - there are loads who can do it if you send the camera away)

Also note of caution: do not, under any circumstances, even is a 16 stone psychopath is pressing knife to your jugular, use jessops - I used them once before i knew any better and the camera came back with more cack on the sensor than when it went in.

Almost double for ff? Thats mental! Place I use up here in Glasgow (AJ Johnstone) doesn't charge you any different if its crop or ff or at least they didn't last time I had one done.
Tried Calumet once, they were rather rude about the state of the sensor when I brought it in and they did a crap job of cleaning it. Think they have an open day coming up where they are offering a free clean, I'd still rather take it to AJ johnstone n pay.

Back