Great Northern Diver

Edit My Images
Yes
Juvenile Great Northern Diver, snapped at Belvide this morning, bit of a rarity for these parts.

nice shot Martyn well done getting that image I have never seen one

Stealth and Ninja training required .... :D, tried twice last weekend with no joy. This one has been at Belvide a while now, it was calling this afternoon, I would have been amazed to hear another respond.

:clap: Really nice shot Martyn.
I tried to photograph one (a Juvenile like yours) a few weeks back at Hollingworth Lake near Rochdale.
Not easy and true to it's name, it spent most of the time under water and guessing where it was likely to resurface became almost comical!:)

Fine shot indeed.

Good capture Martyn, do you mean they are rare to see in this country as such or just in the area you took the shot?

Seems to have been a small influx of these of late, good to capture this species Martyn. Ive only seen a distant fly-by this year.

Good capture Martyn, do you mean they are rare to see in this country as such or just in the area you took the shot?

Should be off the coast of Scotland, unusual to see one as far inland as Belvide, has definitely attracted a fair influx of bird watchers just to see it.

Back