Great spotted woodpecker

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

Taken at the Arundel WWT, weather wasn't great but at least he made an appearance.

4387481581_b28466bd79_o.jpg

4387481919_888ce533fe_o.jpg

4387482185_e2f4f0efa3_o.jpg

Great captures despite the weather Alby (y)
I have still to get a blighter, but will hopefully track one down in our local woods this year :shrug:

Nice try!

But it's obvious to me the others on this forum that THIS! Sir is a stuffed Woodpecker!

I should know as i've been interested in bird photography for weeks now! and as a result know you can't get this close without the little buggers flying off..:nono:

Cracking shots.

Great captures despite the weather Alby (y)
I have still to get a blighter, but will hopefully track one down in our local woods this year :shrug:

Alby tough luck with the light, nice crisp images, like the feather detail in the second (y)

Rich they are starting on their courtship rituals, I saw three last weekend out hassling the ladies no doubt ... heard a fair bit of them drumming as well. So probably a good time to catch one before the trees get too many leaves on them (y)

Three good shots there Alby. No.3 takes it for me, just has everything!

Number 3 is the best by far, despite the weather it's still a super shot.

Thanks everyone, I forgot I posted these :LOL: the first is a little noisy due to the fact I underexposed to get a fair shutter speed and tried to bring it back in software, I shot that at 1/200 and the other 2 were shot at 1/60 and they too were slightly under exposed too, all shot at 800 iso on the 40d and with the 400 f5.6 L if you are interested ;) No noise software used in these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back