Great Spotted Woodpecker

Name
Karen
Edit My Images
No
This male visits my garden most days he was coming loads of times when he was feeding his babies usually comes twice a day now, managed to lure him from under my old apple tree where the feeders are

greatspottedwoodpecker35x1.jpg

You finally lure him out and then shoot him...easy aint it.:clap: :clap: :clap:

It's great when all the planning works out ....lovely image...brill light.

keith (y)

Great capture, lovely bird detail and colour, well done Karen :clap:

Can't fault this one, tack sharp and even the texture of the tree is spot on (y)

Nicely shot Kaz, you are lucky to have these in your garden, any room for pitching a tent? Just show me where you keep the cakes and biscuits and you wont know I was there :D

Agree with the others, a nice shot. Good when you get creatures like this visiting your garden all I get is the neighbours cats in mine.

Great shot Kaz. I echo the comments above, I would like these in my garden. All I get are starlings and pidgeons.

bit sick of seeing my garden....on crutches 4 weeks now wish i had visitors like this even sparrowhawk has done a bunk on me beautful picture karen hmm did i see cakes mentioned cream i hope
regards ian

There are a pair of these at my better halfs folks house, but bliemy they hate the sight of anything! What doesn't help is there dog loves me and follows me around making such a racket that I can never set myself up to wait for one! :(

Anyway, good stuff!

Last edited:
lovely shot Kaz, I had one visit a few times, but the camera I had before wasnt upto capturing the little fella without my following him up the tree, lol.

but got good enough pix to tell what it was. awesome stuff.

stee

Back