Great Swim Series

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Just interested to know if anyone is photographing any of the Great Swim series?

I'm taking part (swimming, not photographing!) in the Great Manchester Swim (1 mile) and the Great Scottish Swim (5 km). I would have thought they'd be quite fun events to cover.

Hope everyone is good. :)

Have fun and good luck! I signed up for the London one a couple of years back. I love open water swimming. Nothing better

Thanks! getting a bit nervous about the 5k but training is going well! I can see open water swimming becoming an addiction! So liberating!

I just thought they'd make great events to photograph, I'm sure there are lots of good photo ops! Oh and Leeds Triathlon this weekend, unfortunately I'm away otherwise I'd certainly be out and about with my camera!

You'll breeze it. Open water swimming is a lot harder than pool swimming but I love it. I swim in a local lake. I got the best gadget ever which really helps. An mp3 player that just hooks round the back of my head under my swimming cap. I manage about 2 miles now without even thinking about it.

KK-ELECTRONICS KKgud NEW Cool Fashion 4GB Waterproof MP3 Player With FM Radio for Swimming Surfing SPA IPX8- Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00D5NUYXW/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_N0PwxbH7K0T07

Last edited:
That's ace, I've only done one open water swim so far, doing another one this weekend though. Ah! Thanks for that, will look it up!

I'm not sure about breezing it! I will do it though. haha.

Back