Great Tit, Cannock Chase

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy New Year all, hope you had a good night (y)

I had a quiet one but saw the New Year in, suffice to say I was up and out this morning so popped up the Chase for a few snaps.

Think I have one of my favourite pictures from there so far...hope you like.

Lovely Great Tit.

Nikon D50, Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6
ISO 200
Aperture - f/5.6
Focal Length - 300 mm
Shutter Speed Value - 1/160 sec

main.php

Dan, do you lie in wait for these birdies to come along, or do you just spot them as you're walking? I'm not a million miles from Cannock, was contemplating a wander sometime.

Hey karl,

you should pop over sometime, there is plenty of wildlife on offer. It does help to have a little food for them, after time they will sit for you to snap.

I do lie in wait though ;)

Last edited:
Hey karl,

you should pop over sometime, there is plenty of wildlife on offer. It does help to have a little food for them, after time they will sit for you to snap.

I do lie in wait though ;)

It also helps to take a bottle of water to to top up the bowls we took one today and they were so thirsty they were on the water straight away will take some more tomorrow if I go nice shot by the way

It also helps to take a bottle of water to to top up the bowls we took one today and they were so thirsty they were on the water straight away will take some more tomorrow if I go nice shot by the way

Will do Kaz, no problem at all ;)

Thanks for the comment, glad you like!

Hi, love the snaps! Im looking to find a photography course in cannock Staffs or surrounding in January 2010. Although I know the very basics of a compact, Im pretty much a beginner. Do you know of a course available in my area that would help expand my knowledge of photography in general? The local technical college has stuff starting in September only. Any suggestions?

Try chase-photography.co.uk they do one day courses out ion the Chase. Small numbers etc. May even do one to one, would not hurt to ask. Just a thought.

Back