Great Tits, Nuthatch, Dunnock & Friend

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
Selection of shots taken today from my local hide, weather remained rather overcast with no harsh lighting. Feel they are some of the best I have taken so far, rather pleased with the results.

coments welcome

1. Great Tits

4545575873_10856eede0_o.jpg

2. Furry Great Tit

4545576249_2a13a88cfe_b.jpg

3. Dunnock

4545576551_bd3abdb0e5_b.jpg

4. Nuthatch

4545577403_1595e1891c_b.jpg

5. Grey Squirrel

4545577597_66d02abc4d_o.jpg

6. Grey Squirrel

4545577781_3c14dd5a3e_o.jpg

Thank you Richard (Canonbabie) for taking time to comment.

Thank you Tina for taking time to comment.

Thank you Richard (lost) for taking time to comment.

WHat a super set there, some BIGGER than life and every bit as good !!

Thanks a lot Dawn, patience really paid off today

No David, not cropped much at all. With a 500mm lens and at the distance these were shot from the hide images of this size are possible. Technique, patience and an ideal private location where the birds are used to feeding.

Nice Set,looks like Bretton Park to me..

Thanks Tony.

Thanks Chris, agree with the Great Tit comment and also with the border, was not 100% sure when I included the border or the Logo, have seen it used by others on here but now think it looks a bit over the top.

Lovely shots :clap: Dunnock for me,looks like he's trying to get in :LOL:
Clive.

A nice little set Gordon, the Nutty is my fave out of the bunch. #1 seems a bit overpowered by the log, you may just want to keep an eye on the exposure as the whites in #2 are blown slightly. The Dunnock is a lovely pose but I feel the focus is more on the chest than the eye, lastly and it is just my opinion the black line around the frame is a distraction to the eye.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Clive, the Dunnock didn't hang around long, just long enough to fire off one shot.

Thanks for your constructive comments Rich, agree with you totally about the black line, will certainly refrain from using it in future. Envious of the shots you have posted on the forum, and with practice hope to achieve the same standard.

Back