Great Value Printer and Who do you use?

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been using SnapFish for about 3 weeks not I've ordered plenty of 6x4's and I'm awaiting my first set of 10 x 8 photo's.

These are just family pictures but the quality is really good and the price os so affordable - 6x4's are between 5 and 9p and 8x10's cost 99p. Great for proofs for any pro tog or any amateur / advanced amateur looking to print some of their work.

Has anyone else tried them?

If you haven't you get 50 free prints just pay the 99p postage. Pretty good deal thought it was worth the share.

I've also heard of PhotoBox (who offer 40 free prints) but not had any chance to try them out yet, anyone had any experience with them?

What printer do you all use? I know some will own printers but the advanced amateurs or studio photographers - who do you use for printing your commercial and personal work?

Last edited:
Grant for personal prints I used to use Photobox, overall their service is pretty swift but sometimes the colours are not consistent. Postage prices are reasonable if you need a quick few prints once in a while.

For clients prints DSCL are pretty hard to beat both on price and turnaround. I believe they have a code for new customers on the website.

Peak imaging are very good for prints over 20x16.

I would advise to order the same set of test prints from each supplier and compare price to finish then weigh up what suits your needs the best. I always opt for lustre finish.

Let us know how you get on and who you prefer.

Grant for personal prints I used to use Photobox, overall their service is pretty swift but sometimes the colours are not consistent. Postage prices are reasonable if you need a quick few prints once in a while.

For clients prints DSCL are pretty hard to beat both on price and turnaround. I believe they have a code for new customers on the website.

Peak imaging are very good for prints over 20x16.

I would advise to order the same set of test prints from each supplier and compare price to finish then weigh up what suits your needs the best. I always opt for lustre finish.

Let us know how you get on and who you prefer.

Brilliant thank you very much :) I'm definetly going to try PhotoBox on my next run - I'll get some larger prints done and tested with each as well over the coming month and see what I get from each of them!

Appreciated!

I've had 10x8 prints from both Snapfish and Photobox, personally I much preferred the quality of Snapfish and the prices are fairly comparable from memory at around 99p/ea.

Thanks Adam K for the DSCL recommendation, I've been on the lookout for somewhere reasonaly priced but with that bit better quality, will be giving these guys a go on my next print run.

I urgently had to have some prints done yesterday, my wife went to Max Speilman; £3.50 for a 10x8's and the quality was rubbish (fortunately the late online order also arrived saving me having to pass them on to the client). Can anyone recommend a high street lab for prints? (Sorry OP don't want to take over your thread)

I get 100 free 6x4 prints from snapfish as part of my Virgin subscription, I have only used them a couple of times as I prefer making photobooks, but the quality is fine...

I use dscl for everything but lately for big stuff I have found a local supplier that I can walk into and wait till its printed, with a free cuppa then walk away with my 20x30

I use http://www.samsphotolab.com/ never had a problem print quality is superb cost is great, cant fault them.
I've had to phone him when I've made mistakes and hes been a real gent at sorting things out and offering advice.
I've used photobox and found them very poor colour was different in every print.

Received my first DSCL order - proof card without colour correction - I find there is a significant colour shift. Do you apply DSCL ICC profile before sending out order?

Back