Green pheasant

I agree Trev, beautiful colours and well spotted.

Regards: Gordon

There's tons of pheasants out in the fens here, but not like that one, well caught it's nice to see a different coloured creature.

you captured some fantastic colour there. nice

That is really nice Trev, there are a few different colours i have noticed around Brionys, but not one like that, really like it(y)

Love the photos(y)

I would say its a hybrid at some part of its blood line..saw a female hybrid with different head markings that was stunning.

He's beautifully coloured that's for sure

I agree Trev, beautiful colours and well spotted.

Regards: Gordon

There's tons of pheasants out in the fens here, but not like that one, well caught it's nice to see a different coloured creature.

Certainly seems a bit more colourful around the neck

you captured some fantastic colour there. nice

That is really nice Trev, there are a few different colours i have noticed around Brionys, but not one like that, really like it(y)

Love the photos(y)

I would say its a hybrid at some part of its blood line..saw a female hybrid with different head markings that was stunning.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I was in a hide with John Starkey taking small bird when this chap walked in, we were both surprised by the colours, something I have never seen before and a pleasure to see.
Thanks again (y)

1st one loks good nice colours, but the 2nd one looks like its been stuck on.

Well spotted Scott, I was waiting to see who would be the first to spot it.
The truth is that this pheasant was so close to the hide, and I only had a 500mm lens, I couldnt get him all in frame by a long way, but wasnt going to miss out on taking a shot of such a beautiful bird. Even standing at the back of the hide didnt help to any degree.
In the end I took 4 pictures of him to cover him head to tail. I took many more in fact but these were taken as quick as I could so they were taken while he was in the same general position.
I joined all 4 together to get a whole picture of him, but that left the BG looking totally wrong. All I could do was to place him on a new BG, but no matter how I tried, I couldnt get it to look genuine, this was the best clumsy effort I could do.

Thanks for you comments (y)

Last edited:
I think we take these birds for granted............for colour and vibrancy they take a lot of beating.

Back