Green veined white.

Well it does not look over processed and plenty of detail retained, so yes it did work. Think you was lucky that it stayed still for so long

The HDR works well, unfortunately the composition could be a little more interesting. Quite often, when cool, these guys will let you carefully move them with a thick blade of grass or similar.

Nice shot Poacher, I'm not a huge fan of HDR work but this one certainly does work for me.(y)

George.

Well it does not look over processed and plenty of detail retained, so yes it did work. Think you was lucky that it stayed still for so long

Thank you for your comment.

If you hadn't said HDR I'd never have known.

I would never have known..great work.. but that foreground leaf jus spoils it for me
Does it work?..well sort of
Just not perfect, but that takes a lifetime....

Thank you for your comment, This one was the first I`ve managed to photograph this year.

The HDR works well, unfortunately the composition could be a little more interesting. Quite often, when cool, these guys will let you carefully move them with a thick blade of grass or similar.

Thank you for your comment, I`ve never tried moving them before when it`s cool now I have a photo of one I will try moving the next one if it stops low down.

Nice shot Poacher, I'm not a huge fan of HDR work but this one certainly does work for me.(y)

George.

Thank you for your comment, I like HDR but it is awfull when over done I try to keep it as natural as possible.......And I`m just learning how to use it.

Last edited:
what's HDR

can you post the original shot to compare

attractive and well taken Butterfly

what's HDR

can you post the original shot to compare

attractive and well taken Butterfly

Here is some info on HDR

High-dynamic-range imaging (HDRI or HDR) is a set of techniques used in imaging and photography to reproduce a greater dynamic range of luminosity than is possible with standard digital imaging or photographic techniques. The aim is to present the human eye with a similar range of luminance as that which, through the visual system, is familiar in everyday life. The human eye, through adaptation of theiris (and other methods) adjusts constantly to the broad dynamic changes ubiquitous in our environment. The brain continuously interprets this information so that most of us can see in a wide range of light conditions. Most cameras, on the other hand, cannot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-dynamic-range_imaging

(y) Nicely processed

Basically I like this picture, but although I am not at all against the use of HDR (it's an emotive subject and frowned on by some) I do find that stacking tends to 'darken' colours so that an image looks a bit under exposed - The whites are most effected in this image, losing freshness.

I hope you don't mind my comment - It's more of a personal opinion about stacking rather than a criticism of your shot which has a good composition too.

+1...Love the overall greenish look.

Basically I like this picture, but although I am not at all against the use of HDR (it's an emotive subject and frowned on by some) I do find that stacking tends to 'darken' colours so that an image looks a bit under exposed - The whites are most effected in this image, losing freshness.

I hope you don't mind my comment - It's more of a personal opinion about stacking rather than a criticism of your shot which has a good composition too.

Thank you for your comment.....I don`t mind your comment, it`s good to hear what others think about hdr, I think it`s fun to play with now and again.

Back