Greenfinch

RKC

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Comments appreciated good or bad looking to improve (y)

5892569596_572d443e61_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a male Greenfinch Bob, but a lovely shot of one. That's a really nice punchy shot - it's difficult to critique bird shots sometimes as you have to take them as you find them. There's certainly nothing technically wrong with this. I'd have preferred more of a 3:2 crop.

If it's a crop I'd see if you can find a better crop but I can see why you wouldn't want to cut into that foreground leaf and it's no sweat if you don't have any other crop choices - it's a nice shot as it is.

Last edited:
Looks like a male Greenfinch Bob, but a lovely shot of one. That's a really nice punchy shot - it's difficult to critique bird shots sometimes as you have to take them as you find them. There's certainly nothing technically wrong with this. I'd have preferred more of 1 3:2 crop.

If it's a crop I'd see if you can find a better crop but I can see why you wouldn't want to cut into that foreground leaf and it's no sweat if you don't have any other crop choices - it's a nice shot as it is.

God I am having a bad couple of days with ID's I thought it was too yellow for a Greenfinch but its breast should have given it away :wacky:

What do you mean by 1 3:2 ? 4x6, will ceratainly have look at different crops (y)

Have changed title :exit: :D

Last edited:
By a 3:2 crop I mean a ratio of 3 to 2 between the long and short sides - more in line with the original shot. You can't always do it though, so don't sweat it if you can't. There's a fairly typical Greenfinch female hiding just behind that big leaf btw..

By a 3:2 crop I mean a ratio of 3 to 2 between the long and short sides - more in line with the original shot. You can't always do it though, so don't sweat it if you can't. There's a fairly typical Greenfinch female hiding just behind that big leaf btw..

Yes I had noticed the one hiding :D

3:2 I understand it was the 1 bit I did not get, but i see you have edited that out (y)

Thank you for commenting

I like it the way it is. (y)
The greenfinch hiding behind the leaf is a juvenile (see heavily streaked underparts).

Good capture Bob of a Male, nice and sharp on the eye with a lovely catchlight (y)

Back