Greenish tinge on B&W's

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Someone please help............... unless there is going to be a severe case of computer and printer being thrown through the window............

Trying to print off a copy of this:

wellsbeachhuts2a800.jpg

Monitor is calibrated.
CS5
Canon Pixma 3600 with photoshop managing the colours........

Looks fine on screen, but a greenish tinge to the blacks when printing (and yes Genuine Canon inks)

any ideas?

Are you looking at your print in daylight or by artifical light.

You get an effect called metamarisim which changes the how you perceive the colour depending on the light - and green B&W's under artificial light is quite common...

You printing it as a RGB?

What happens if you turn it into a Greyscale image and then print it?

Using "canned" profiles can give a colour bias especially on B&W. These profiles are very generic and printer/papers/inks can vary very slightly. I notice a similar result on Hanhnemuhle Photo Rag paper with my Epson 2880. A very very slight green bias when viewed in daylight. Answer I add about 3 unit magenta to the image prior to printing. I could get a custom profile but I don't use this paper very much so it's probably not worth the effort

I get the same problem with my Canon IP4600 , but also get the greenish tinge in coloured prints , i'm using OEM ink cartridges , due you think they are causing it?

I get the same problem with my Canon IP4600 , but also get the greenish tinge in coloured prints , i'm using OEM ink cartridges , due you think they are causing it?

Revert to original manufacturers inks and I bet the problem goes away.

cause of the ink set - a custom profile will help up you are really restricted by ink an paper with your printer.

pm me your email

Knikki said:
You printing it as a RGB?

What happens if you turn it into a Greyscale image and then print it?

problem is down to trying to print B&W with colours rather than black inks. my R2400 has 3 blacks to stop the hue problem. if you look at the print under a microscope you still see colour drops unless you use the ABW function where only the blacks are used. I've never had any hue problems on any paper I've printed B&W on with this printer due to the three blacks.

Back