Non UK Greetings from cold, snowy Canada!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, I was lurking on this forum and decided to sign up and introduce myself. My fiance, who lives in Brighton, found this forum and sent me the link. He encouraged me to have a look at it. I am 22 years old and I was accepted to a photography diploma program, which will begin in September. I live in Ottawa, Canada, where I have lived most of my life.

I first fell in love with photography when I was 12 and attended a summer day camp focusing on photography. The instructor noticed that I had a very good eye. My mum still has some framed photos displayed that I took at that camp, that when her friends see, they ask if a professional photographer took them.

In the past year, I realized just how much I loved photography and how much I wanted to pursue it professionally. I love shooting on film but I am very excited to learn digital post production and to shoot on a DSLR. The college I will be attending loans out cameras and lenses to students for assignments, so I will have access to all sorts of equipment.

Other info about me- I have been to Europe twice in 2017; Spain for one week and England for three weeks to visit my fiance. (He proposed while I was there with him) I have two cats who I have had since I was a child, and I have been known to bring multiple cameras with me on trips. My stepdad has told me to just use my phone camera and not to bring any extra cameras because "My phone takes better pictures and cameras take up too much room"

Hi, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Hi and welcome to TP

Do have a good look through the various sub-fora especially those for constructive criticism......it makes sense to let your pictures be seen on a photo forum because they don't know you but are just seeing you through your creativity, i.e. critique without bias :)

:welcome: to the forum, enjoy (y)

Hi and welcome to the forum. That was a nice and interesting intro. :)

Thank you all for the welcome! I am very excited about the course starting up. My fiance has been very supportive of my dreams and he encouraged me to go for it.

Back