Greetings from Finland

Name
Tero
Edit My Images
No
I'm semi-pro photographer from southern part of Finland and I have visit this site regularly since I found it almost two years ago - finally found some courage to introduce myself. I’ll try to be active member different sections, especially in sport since that is what I do and like most. It's also great way to keep up my English skills :)

Since I first discover photographing it has always be my passion. Over two decades ago I (home)study photographing by reading John Hedgecoe's 'Complete Guide to Photography' book and trying all same things – learning by doing. My current active phase started at 2003 when Canon launched their new EOS-300D digital SLR. Since that I have used several model and lens and now I'm using 5D3 and 1DX - and lenses like 24-70/2.8L II, 70-200/2.8L II and 300/2.8L II - I couldn't even dream about this kind of lens arsenal when I bought 300D camera and kit lens (and I don’t even want to count money I have spent neither…). But I'm not complain!

My daughters have introduced me to few nice sports, synchronized skating and cheerleading, although football and nowadays also rugby are my favorite sports. If I have free time, which I rarely have, you can find me looking butterflies (summertime). Good thing is that synchro skating and cheerleading competitions are winter time while soccer and rugby are summer sports in Finland. I also do some studio photographing and held courses to newbies (DSLR basicourse organizer is local dealer).

Here’s few examples what I have done so far and more can be seen in my gallery (www.terowester.galleria.fi) or facebook (www.facebook.com/TeroWesterPhotography) or Instagram (www.instagram.com/terowesterphotography). I’ll try to write also in English but of course you’re welcome to learn little bit Finnish...

_full.jpg

#1: Cheerleading Finnish Championships in December 2014 - Team Nothern Lights

_full.jpg

#2: Synchronized skating Finnish championships at February 2014, Seniors - Team Unique (free skating)

_full.jpg

#3: Synchronized skating Mozart Cup in Salzburg Austria at January 2015, Seniors - Miami University (free skating)

_full.jpg

#4: Euro-qualification Finland vs. Greece at October 2014

_full.jpg

#5: Parnassius apollo - on of the biggest butterflies in Finland

_full.jpg

#6: Winter scenery from southern Finland

_full.jpg

#7: :)

_full.jpg

#8: Rugby national game - Finland vs. Bosnia & Herzegovina at May 2014

More pictures will be posted to other sections.

Welcome to the forums Tero. You have some beautiful images in your first post here, love the dog shot. Your skills and experience will come in very useful here.(y)

Hi Terro, enjoy the forum :wave:

Nice images by the way :)

Hi Tero - welcome to TP (y)

As said already - some great images to kick off with.

Hopefully you'll have wonderful Finnish landscapes to share.

Hi Tero, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Back