Greetings to all

Name
John Walker
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I saw TP mentioned when surfing.
As I have been messing with photography for about 20 years I thought it was time I took it more seriously. So I raided eBay and got some MF gear (A Mamiya 645 and three lenses and a 35mm Nikon SLR of indeterminate age.)

I already had a Mamiya TLR C330 and some lenses, so I am pretty well fixed up in that department. For digital I rely on a Nikon Coolpix, which does me very nicely ta! So you can see I am just an 'obbyist. I am retired now so I can please myself.

I served in the RN for ten years and was in Government service for 25. I have had about 17 years of retirement to get used to it now and I wonder where I ever found the time to go to work. I never could find the inclination, but I kept at it.

So, I am reasonably happy. (I would be ecstatic if the Government didn't tax me as much as they tax my daughter who earns twice as much me!)

Other than that, I have no gripes with the great life I have had so far. So that’s me then. 68 and still going (strong?).

Nice to meet you all.

John

Welcome John - I'm very jealous! Only 23 more years & counting!!!

Hello :)

Nice to have people here that are even older than me :)

Welcome to TP John :)
I'm incredibly jealous, looking forward to retirement too, just like Phil T. Only I've got 35 years left :embarrassed:

Enjoy the forums :)

Hi and welcome :wave:

Hi All and thanks for the welcome.

As an oldie? My advice?
If you have weight to lose, and you can exercise, do it now while you are able. Eat well and stay fit, thus avoiding the irritating conditions I have nowadays... Ohhh to be young again.
That grass never looks greener than when looking back!

Stay Lucky everyone :

John, who likes to be called John!
(I don't know where the smilies all went, and maybe my signature too? )

Back