Greetings

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I've joined this site because I've been looking for a suitable forum with regards to photography, filming etc that I can have a lurk on and ask some questions and having had a nosey through some threads I thought this might fit the bill.

By way of introduction, I'm UK based (think 'norf' (North of Sheffield)), 34 and have no proper photography or film-making experience. However I do write a lot of amateur music and I have always wanted to make something abstract to put with it (think visual not music video) and so for the last few years I've been toying with the idea, I bought a gopro (all budget would allow for a potential phase) and whilst it's not something you'd use for professional work it has allowed me to 'go out' and do some experimental work and basically have a go.

Aim is, if I can get good enough i can then jump up and aim to get something better for both stills and film (thinking Blackmagic pocket 4k as I can get a da vinci license at the same time).

Areas of interest for me are landscapes, cityscapes, timelapse (such as car mounted photograhy/filming) and basically things that can capture moods, people movement, weather etc however I have a few non-technical or equipment related challenges which I'll probably create a thread about.

When I'm not out with the gopro, I'm either writing music, software or doing 3D printing as I make my own attachments etc for the gopro as well as model making another hobby.

Happy to be here, that's a bit of an intro so you know what you're dealing with, definitely far from professional and my ideas are probably larger than my capability but small steps.

Kris

Hiya, welcome aboard.

You've certainly come to the right place, there is a massive depth of variety and knowledge here.

(y)

Thankyou for the welcome, looking forward to it :)

Not sure where to host clips to demonstrate the sort of timelapse I'm into but you can see a 5 second demo on my own site here:

Staff edit, 3 posts before you can add links

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kris, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Back